Supported Living Care Assistant
SUPPORTED LIVING CARE ASSISTANT
Salary: Circa £15,000
Hours: Shifts (7:30-3:30) (3:30-22:30) (22:30-7:30 sleep in and waking night)
Your duties will include:
· Checking residents needs and progress
· Providing physical care, which could include bathing, toileting, dressing and feeding
· Teaching daily living skills like budgeting, shopping and claiming benefits
· Providing leisure and creative activities in a safe and supportive setting
· Helping residents to deal with problems and become independent
· Talking with residents' families and arranging family and home visits
· Being a good listener - a good cup of tea and a hug can do wonders, but in this job you have to really listen, and listen well.
· Doing chores - sounds like a simple job but doing chores around the house can be a massive help. You could do cooking, cleaning, shopping as well as helping to pay bills.
· Helping people live independently - teaching life skills and helping people live an ordinary life will be one of your main goals as a support worker. From teaching people how to budget money and getting them involved with the community to getting them suitable housing that accommodates their needs, youll be there along the way to help with it all.
· Family ties - you wont just be helping vulnerable people, youll also be helping the people that can be forgotten; the families. Some may struggle with their relatives issues, or they may just need a helping hand caring for them. Whatever their need, youll need to support them just as much.
· Caring and kind
· Cheerful and friendly
· Willing to be hands-on with patients
· Willing to do personal care tasks (washing, toileting, etc)
· Able to follow instructions and procedures
· Able to work in a team but use their own initiative
· Communication skills, including listening
· Organisation skills
· Observational skills
Due to the location of the residential home a driving licence and own vehicle would be beneficial
If you have the skills required for this position please send your CV through by applying to this advert