Teacher of Computer Science & BTEC IT
Tech City College is an Aspirations Academies Post-16 STEM specialist College. We are committed to raising students’ aspirations so that all young people reach their fullest potential and achieve the success they desire. Tech City is a small and friendly College with big ambitions. We aim to educate and train the next generation of scientists, engineers, technicians, entrepreneurs and innovators. We are looking for skilled teachers who are passionate and enthusiastic to work with the best in the industry to ensure our students gain invaluable practical, professional and personal skills through the bold new curriculum called Aspirations Portfolio.
We are looking to appoint a teacher of Computer Science & BTEC IT with the ability to deliver high quality lessons and achieve excellent results. This is an exciting opportunity to work with the Head of Faculty to establish and design the curriculum and student offer.
This role is FTE 0.6 with the option of moving to a full time role
The successful candidates for this role will:
- Be a passionate teacher with a genuine love of their subject(s) enthusiastic about helping young people succeed
- Have high expectations of behaviour and academic progress, having energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole college
- Hold relevant Qualified Teacher Status and an undergraduate degree.
- Have experience of teaching A Level Computer Science and Level 3 BTEC IT. We also welcome applications from high quality NQTs.
- Have a proven track record of successful learning and teaching and have the ability to draw upon their professional/educational background to demonstrate their ability to successfully teach to A level (Level 3) standard.
Applications are welcome from qualified, experienced teachers and also from well qualified graduates seeking an opportunity to train as a teacher.
In return we will offer you a competitive salary, respect, trust and confidence in your ability to do the job