VMS / OpenVMS Systems Manager - London - £80-£120K
VMS/OpenVMS Systems Manager is required by our prestigious client based in the city of London. We will consider an interim candidate (Rates negotiable).
This very much a one-off opportunity - based either in one of our client’s regional international offices or London based with occasional travel required to sites in and around the UK.
The successful candidate will be responsible for VMS both locally and globally and will have responsibility for a number of direct and indirect reports. You should have a proven track record in a similar role and the ability to combine very strong systems knowledge with team, project and stakeholder management.
Essential previous experience must include the following-
- Excellent all round VAX/VMS/ OpenVMS system knowledge and experience
- Great scripting experience
- Knowledge of Alpha Open VMS version 7.3 or above
- Stakeholder management
- Cluster configuration
- System security
- Performance Management
- DCL and/or High Level Language programming and troubleshooting.
- Excellent analytical and diagnostic skills for complex issues.
- Ability to visualize problems, identify and communicate likely causes, and develop effective solutions.
- Finance/Banking/insurance/other blue chip environment experience
- Knowledge/experience in Oracle systems/databases
- DECnet knowledge