Major & Complex Loss Claims Underwriter - South East
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Claims Underwriter to join our client’s world class claims department, dealing with high value property claims for commercial and individual clients.
You will receive first class training and development from an Insurer with a reputation for excellence with dealing and managing claims on behalf of its customers.
This role is a crucial part of our client’s strategy for managing major and complex property losses in the South East of England. You will be required to work from our client’s Colchester Office for one day a week with the remaining days working on site or from home.
The successful candidate will be responsible for handling their own caseload of major and complex property and business interruption claims, from cradle to grave, and delivering an exceptional quality and pro-active claims service to our client’s customers and brokers, whilst maintaining and enhancing the Client’s reputation and brand.
While reporting to the Technical Claims Manager on a day-to-day basis, you will also have direct access to, and discuss key claims with, senior Underwriters, the Head of Technical Claims, the Head of Property Claims and the Head of Claims.
- Handle large claims, from first notification of loss to claim settlement with significant emphasis on visiting site both at the outset of a claim and throughout its duration
- Perform the role of claim owner, being fully accountable for the delivery of all activities on the claim and proactively bringing the claim to conclusion
- Arrange alternative accommodation for the customer and address any emergency requirements
- Oversee reinstatement works
- Supporting contents replacement, assisting the customer with compiling inventory and sourcing replacement items.
- Taking ownership of stakeholder management, communicating regularly with the customer; the broker; the relevant Product Head and Underwriter and the Claims Management team
- You will have extensive experience and a proven track record in handling high value and complex commercial property and business interruption claims
- From either an insurer or loss adjusting background.
- Self starter who can operate both independently and within a broader team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Creative, proactive, logical and innovative - you do not accept the status quo.
- Highly results driven, with the energy and determination to succeed in a very fast paced environment where the pace of response is critical to success.
- Demonstrate a commitment to quality, customer service and personal ownership
- Solid understanding of risk and regulation and be able to adhere to set reporting and claims management requirements
- Salary up to £50,000 plus depending on experience
- Additional bonus scheme
- 10% Company pension contribution
- 25 days holiday
- Private Health Insurance
- Private medical Scheme
- Professional qualification sponsorship
- Sports club membership
- Many others
This is a fantastic opportunity to join this world class insurer during a time of focused growth where you will have the remit to make a real difference.
Our Client offers an environment where you are encouraged to grow with the team and this is an exciting time to be joining this fast growing organisation. There will be plenty of opportunity for on the job career development within a supportive environment.
If you are interested in this great opportunity, or want to find out more information, please apply now.