Paediatric Physiotherapist (SEN School-based)
Are you a fun, active Physiotherapist with experience in Paedicatrics and complex physical needs and/or disabilities? Are you looking for a new and exciting role managing a diverse caseload? Are you confident to lead school-wide physiotherapy provision at an exciting and foward-thinking SEN school? If so, apply now.
Application deadline: 6th February
Start date: April 2017 or earlier
Salary: £28,000 - £38,000 (depending on experience) + competitive pension contributions
Contract: Full time, Permanent
Frederick Hugh House is an independent special school built around celebrating the individual strengths of each pupil. Based in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, the school is imbued with a combination of inspiration, aspiration and innovation. We cater for pupils aged 10-16; providing individual, integrated educational and therapeutic programmes within small class settings.
We are currently looking for an enthusiastic and energetic Physiotherapist. The successful candidate will work collaboratively with the therapy and teaching team to provide a stimulating and nurturing learning environment for our students with complex needs to thrive and achieve their potential.
The Physiotherapist is responsible for delivering physiotherapy intervention to all of the students at the school, planning and delivering the Physical Development curriculum and supporting the teaching staff during core curriculum activities.
Some responsibilities of the role include:
- To undertake comprehensive assessments of students and to formulate effective, clinically reasoned treatment plans.
- To be competent in using a wide range of assessment techniques and skills.
- To plan an effective, highly individualised and multisensory physiotherapy curriculum to ensure all pupils have the opportunity to reach their potential.
- To work in collaboration with multidisciplinary colleagues to develop appropriate materials and resources.
- To plan and deliver 1:1, small group and whole class physiotherapy.
- To plan and deliver all sessions in line with students personalised goals.
- To deliver Physiotherapy in a manner appropriate to the age and learning needs of the students.
- To ensure the appropriate implementation of physiotherapy and the use of resources throughout the school.
- To coordinate the identification and review of learning needs and provision for pupils with the Headteacher, education psychologists and teachers.
- To work with all school staff to ensure the delivery of a collaborative, multidisciplinary approach to teaching throughout the school.
- To plan and deliver 1:1, small group and whole class physical development lessons.
- To plan and oversee the delivery of the school physical development curriculum.
- To be responsible for maintaining relationships with external providers of physical development activities (e.g. horse riding and swimming)
- To plan and deliver in-house, external and parent physiotherapy workshops.
The successful applicant will benefit from:
- A comprehensive induction and handover
- Competitive pension contributions
- Up to 15 weeks paid school holidays per annum
- Multiple opportunities for funded professional development
- Non-contact time for planning, preparation and report/note writing
- Staff bicycle travel scheme
- A light, airy and purpose built work environment
- A well resourced physiotherapy/physical development department
- Being part of a highly motivated and friendly multidisciplinary team
A full job description and personal specification is available on request - office @ frederickhughhouse.com
Applicants are invited to look at the school website.
Shortlisted applicants will be asked to complete an application form.
Frederick Hugh House is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and anyone applying to work at the school is expected to share this commitment. This position is subject to a satisfactory fully enhanced DBS check and references being received.