PERMANENT – ACCOUNTS CLERK – MILTON KEYNES – £22-23k DOE
• Do you have all round accounts experience including purchase ledger?
• Do you have good IT skills?
Providing support to the Company’s Financial Controller ensuring that transactions are recorded and processed in the basic books of account in a timely and accurate manner. The role also supports the wider clerical and administration functions within the business and is expected to contribute in taking monthly accounting processes to trial balance stage to enable onward production and reporting processes to be facilitated. The role reports directly to the Assistant Accountant and Financial Controller.
On a daily basis you will be involved in the following duties:-
• Receive all incoming financial documents and ensuring they are sorted and processed into the prime ledgers in a timely, accurate and complete manner.
• Carry out credit control in full ensuring any unpaid money in collected in a timely manner.
• Deal with all queries both within the financial and other areas within the scope of the Financial Controller’s areas of responsibility.
• Prepare and send all necessary documents and/or payments as required by internal and external parties (including Purchase Orders, Cheque payments, remittances, Government and other returns and other reports required by 3rd parties).
The ideal candidate must have:
• An excellent level of numeracy, literacy and IT competency.
• The ability to build good working relationships with both internal and external customers.
• An eye for detail and a determination to achieve high standards of quality.
• A minimum of 3 years experience working within a similar environment would be useful.
• A minimum of 5 GCSEs (levels A to C with Maths and English included)
• Progress toward an Accounting Technician qualification would be advantageous
Hours of work: Monday – Friday 9-5pm .
Apply with your cv immediately or ring Diane Hoare on
Established in 1995, Osborne Appointments is an independently owned recruitment agency specialising in the supply of temporary, contract and permanent placements. OA are committed to placing the right candidate in the right job every time and pride ourselves in outstanding levels of Candidate Satisfaction
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your application will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. In order to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and sign up for free email job alerts on our website.
This vacancy is being advertised by Osborne Appointments who are acting as an employment agency / business.