Graduate Management Trainee - Operations Management
Newcastle Strategic Solutions is part of the Newcastle Building Society Group and is dedicated to the provision of outsourcing for financial services.
Our financial services outsourcing team provides expertise based on leveraging technology and a high standard of customer service to deliver an award winning, all encompassing service to our clients, giving us a proven track record for delivering success.
You will gain an understanding of a number of business areas, developing knowledge and skills to add value and contribute to the development, performance and management of each area. Duties and responsibilities within each placement will vary, but they will give a graduate a clear project and deliverable in order to showcase what they have achieved and to have a strong developmental element.Role Summary
The successful candidate will:
- Join an 18 month programme to build the skills and knowledge required to excel in operational functions within the Group.
- Experience the full range of CSC functions including telephone customer service, full training on all tasks, shadowing Team and CSC managers and attending Manager Meetings, task training, shadowing Heads of CSC. It is expected that you will assist and take the lead in a CSC based project or change.
- Gain knowledge and experience of the Information Security, Operational Risk, and Compliance functions.
- Participate and assist with ongoing Projects, with particular emphasis on Solutions.
- Gain knowledge and experience of the Product Administration function and how this supports the wider business.
- Gain knowledge and experience of the Solutions Finance function and how this supports the wider Solutions business, assisting with daily reconciliations and MI production, processing tasks and managing suspense accounts.
Skills and Experience
You should have, or expect to achieve, a minimum of 2:1 degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent qualification.
You will be self-motivated with an eye for detail and a focus on results, your communication skills will be second to none.
Successful candidates will commence the Programme in September 2018. The positions are initially fixed term with the opportunity to become permanent at the end of the 18 month programme.