Patient Dining Manager Catering
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Patient Dining Manager to manage and develop a customer focussed patient catering service provided to the prestigious St Mary’s Hospital, London.
You will ensure that the patient catering service is delivered to the contractual agreement in an efficient and effective manner within budgetary constraints and in compliance with all relevant legislation and Company Policy, whilst leading and managing all catering employees to optimise operational and financial performance.
Sodexo Healthcare is a leading provider of services to the NHS and private healthcare organisations in England. We provide quality of life services that improve patient and staff experience, raise standards and deliver financial benefits to our clients. We help to enhance the patient environment (including patient dining, cleaning/housekeeping, retail services), provide clinical support (equipment sterilisation) and manage technical estates teams (estates management, asset management, land maintenance and energy management).Package description
As part of our commitment to improving the quality of life for our employees, Sodexo offers a Flexible Benefits Scheme, allowing you to tailor a reward package to suit your needs but includes a technology scheme, private dental insurance, travel insurance, gym membership, Gourmet card, private medical insurance and the ability to purchase or sell annual leave. We also have a Sodexo Discount scheme, which offers employees and their friends and family the opportunity to benefit from over 1,200 discounts from top retailers both online and in-store.
40 hours per week, flexibility is a must
Grade I2Main responsibilities
- Drive the development of the service offer, ensuring budgetary targets and profit margins are achieved and maintained
- Be responsible for compliance of food and H&S legislation, ensuring effective communications with the local EHO and taking all necessary actions. Responsible for associated risk analysis systems
- Take overall responsibility for all staffing issues, ensuring the effective deployment of staff within budgetary constraints providing the contracted service to the Client
- Work as part of the Management team and ensure continuity of service at all times
- Responsible for continually reviewing menus to ensure innovation and market trends are incorporated while profit margins are maintained
- Ensure value for money and efficient use of resources including the procurement of goods, services and equipment, controlling pay and non-pay expenditure within budgetary limits
- Drive new initiatives within the patient dining department and lead on all change management processes required to continually improve the service
- Build patient, staff and visitor satisfaction rates and to continually strive for best practice.
- Proven experience of managing a complex service with a diverse workforce Catering Management Qualification (OND, HND or equivalent)
- Advanced Food Hygiene
- IOSH managing Safely
- Good communication skills – ability to communicate effectively with patients, visitors, colleagues, clients
- Proven experience of managing to budget requirements within a catering service
- Ability to adhere to instructions, standards and procedures
- Experience in a healthcare environment
- Contract and project management skills
In the UK and Ireland, Sodexo employs some 35,000 employees to deliver integrated facilities management services to clients at over 2,000 locations in the corporate, healthcare, education, leisure, defence and justice sectors. With an annual turnover of over £1bn, we provide everything from catering, cleaning and reception to security, laboratory and grounds maintenance services, enabling our clients to focus on their core business
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. Certain roles will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
We are building on our support to the Armed Forces community through the development of specific pathways within our recruitment process to further engage ex-forces personnel and reservists. Those applying for roles with us who meet the essential criteria advertised under the ‘ideal candidate’ on the vacancy advertised are guaranteed to progress within the selection process.
Patient Dining Manager, Catering Manager, Healthcare, Food Service