Regulatory Counsel - Europe
Working for a fast growing FinTech business with a Global footprint in the internet, consumer payments FS industry, this role is looking for someone who can support the aggressive growth plans with quality advice and decisions around Legal and Regulatory matters.
Fintech business in mobile apps payments enabling ease of use in online and in-person payments within a secure and private platform, allowing instant, free, global digital money transfers.
- Legal expert reporting to the General Counsel, working closely with the global Legal and Compliance teams, as well as the Product, Marketing and business development teams to enable the
- Ensure all of the business activity, products and policies & procedures meet the legal and regulatory standards on a global and local level.
- Make any improvements to ensure this if required.
- Direct engagement with government regulators, external consultants and banking partners to foster ongoing relationships.
- Provide advice on new transactions and product structures, highlighting any potential legal issues.
- Manage the licensing process throughout Europe and EMEA and beyond - considering passporting issues
- Work closely on product launches in different jurisdictions offering the legal and regulatory guidance required.
- Stay current on financial regulations globally that could impact the business model and further growth opportunities.
- Lead the business in best practices for regulatory compliance matters.
- Work successfully in partnership with Compliance and other Legal colleagues as well as the wider business.
- Ideally 5-8 years’ experience
- Qualified solicitor
- Knowledge of EMEA laws and regulations within the Consumer Payments industry
- Excellent business judgement, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of working across different markets
- Regulatory knowledge - particularly within the payments space
- Open to some international travel
- Fluency in other languages will be an advantage