Core Java Developer - Start up culture / Tech Crunch Unicorn - £60k-100k + bonus + Stock
Does the thought of joining a brand new team in a brand new London office excite you?
Do you like the idea of joining a global company with a start-up feel?
Are you a core Java developer with a wealth of experience or a junior developer / fresh out of university with a really strong software engineering qualification or equivalent?
If the above ticks all your boxes and you’re keen to join an exciting new team with cutting edge technology then this could be just the role for you!
Our client has opened a brand new London office and they are looking to build their team with highly skilled Core Java developers and junior developers keen to learn! In this new high performing engineering team you will be working on abstract memory manipulation within their core java application. This is not a traditional data processing server developer role - you will live and work in the guts of the java memory management and focus will be on manipulating the java memory model engine. You will ideally have experience of working with Java Memory Management and Garbage Collection technologies or at the very least have the aptitude for this kind of work or a strong educational background or even Phd in Computer Science. If you consider yourself to be passionate about technology, willing to learn new skills, and eager to work with like-minded individuals then look no further.
- A true passion for engineering
- Excellent Java knowledge
- Experienced with server-side Java Development is a plus (not essential)
- A proven track record of delivering great software
- Extra points if you've delivered online/web/SaaS applications or have particular strength in multi-user & multi-threaded scenarios or better still, have experience of handling large multi-dimensional data structures in-memory.
- A real understanding & appreciation of testing - you write code that is tested and testable and you take responsibility for the quality of code you produce. If you're an advocate of TDD, even better.
- Deep experience of back-end development using Java 7/8 and knowledge of the major development tool sets - you can be quickly productive in Eclipse, you manage large codebases in GitHub and are familiar with branch/merge techniques.
- You can discuss design patterns, memory management and performance optimisation - you can write code from the ground up without needing frameworks.
- A strong background in Computer Science / Software Engineering - an excellent STEM-related degree is not essential, but very strong mathematical and analytical skills are!
- The ability to coach and collaborate inside and outside the team - you enjoy working closely with others, teaching and learning and are comfortable showing off your work.
- Positive energy and enthusiasm - cultural fit is a really big deal… we're looking for super-smart people who are excited about solving big problems, love learning and are self-motivated to get things done. Excellent communication skills are a must!
- A highly organised and professional attitude to work - you're an exceptional communicator, you are pragmatic and you know how to build trust.
- Competitive salary
- Stock options
- Flexible working hours
- Global travel opportunity
- A rewarding, progressive and tailored career path with a company that values diversity, innovation and invests in you.
- The opportunity to help build a brand new office for one of the coolest companies in global tech
So if you’re a highly skilled and experienced Java Engineer, or very high potential novice, who’s excited by working on hard problems for a cutting edge product, then apply with your CV now.