Jnr Barrister Clerk/ Legal Apprenticeship Needed Today
A leading commercial set of chambers is seeking a Trainee Jnr Clerk to join their expanding team in central London.
The role will involve
- Supporting the clerking team in the administration of barristers’ work by entering relevant case data into Lex, chambers’ electronic diary and finance system.
- Running reports from Lex to provide financial and marketing analysis data to inform chambers’ business planning
- Preparation of hard copy and electronic bundles from papers submitted by the barristers’ clients
- Assisting the barristers with the delivery of their documents and legal matter to and from court and other venues attended by barristers for hearings.
- Assisting the barristers with their administrative requirements in preparation for court hearings.
- Sourcing case authorities, both hard and soft copies from legal libraries. Chambers has its own library but for certain information barristers rely on legal libraries outside of chambers.
The ideal candidate must
- be willing do a legal apprenticeship
- have excellent communication skills
- be seeking a rewarding career in legal administration
This is a temp to perm opportunity therefore you must be immediately available.
Hours are Mon - Fri (9am-6pm)