Exciting and innovative e commerce group based in Shoreditch London are looking for an Accountant!
We are now looking for a confident and creative problem-solving accountant with experience in producing all types of business analysis as well as management accounts and year-end finance related activities.
This is an outstanding opportunity to take ownership of all aspects of the finance/business analysis for 2 fast-growing start-ups and work closely with an outsourced provider who look after management accountants, payroll & VAT.
The successful candidate enjoys working in fast-paced entrepreneurial environments and has experience in supporting all areas of the business relating to systems, admin and finance.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Really 'owning’ the finance function and everything that goes with that together with the outsourced accounting provider
- Producing timely management accounts & business insights
- Raising invoices
- Making payments
- Managing cashflow
- Chasing Payments and Credit Control
- Producing regular and ad hoc management reports
- Managing the VAT return process with the support of the external provider
- Payroll production (shared responsibility with the outsourced provider)
- Assisting with budgeting, forecasting, cash flow and cash management
- Identifying areas for systems improvement and driving change
- Managing departmental budgets and cashflow with CEO/Founder
- Delivering regular insights of trade trends by using internal accounting system, Google Analytics and bespoke reporting
- Internal company audit process
- Managing due diligence process
Experience and Skills required for this role:
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as accountant in fast-growing companies, possibly in the travel or e-commerce environments
- A Part-qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CA, CIMA or equivalent)
- Experienced at managing year end finance related activities
- Excellent in the use of packages including MS Office and in particular Excel
- Experienced in the use of Xero Finance system
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels
- Creative problem-solver and always looking for better solutions to improve our finance efficiency
- Confident, highly approachable and a reliable team player
- Well-organised and excellent attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure while maintaining a positive attitude
- A pet lover and maybe even a pet owner
The people we love and who love us:
- Have a hands-on approach and are fast learners who love thinking on their feet
- Are flexible in approach and always go the extra mile
- Thrive on independence but adore collaboration
- Have tons of energy, enthusiasm and a 'can do’ attitude - we break down walls!
- Have real eye for detail
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to think outside the box
- Have a smile and 'yes’ as default
- Love our brand and what pets bring to the world!
What we have to offer:
- A truly exciting and fast moving environment where you have an opportunity to really make your mark - build on your previous experience as well as doing brand new things
- Opportunities to develop and grow and be coached/mentored by some of the best in the business
- Cool work space, great Shoreditch location
- Ambitious team with great spirit punching way above our weight
- Lots of team social including prosecco Fridays