Domiciliary Care Coordinator
£20,000 + On Call Bonus
Skyex Resourcing are looking for an experienced Domiciliary Care Coordinator, to work for our client based in NW9. It is essential that you have worked in a similar position and have been used to organising rotas for a branch that is delivering at least 1 - 2,000 of care hours per week.
Domiciliary Care Coordinator Responsibilities
* To maintain accurate, concise, timely and legible records relating to all service aspects
* To identify a care worker with appropriate knowledge, skills and attitude to match the needs of the service user
* To follow up the initial contact between the care worker and service user to evaluate the Care Plan and ongoing needs
* To undertake telephone risk assessments, monitoring of service users satisfaction and care worker performance
* Liaise with appropriate professionals and the organisation's management as required
* To maintain accurate written and computerised record keeping
* To cover all calls on HCR and ensure weekly rotas are sent out to staff by Thursday afternoon
* To effectively manage the branch's unallocated and permanently unscheduled visits to a compliant standard
* Manage the allocation of travel time between individual visits
* Coordinate hospital discharges
* Support the Branch Manager with monitoring of staff through one-to-one supervisions and investigation meetings
* With the involvement of the Branch Manager address and deal with complaints / concerns raised by service users, family members and Health Professionals.
* To participate in staff, team and Quality Management Review Meetings as directed by the Branch Manager/Operations Manager
* To report back to the Branch Manager/Operations Manager on any aspect of service user care which warrants investigation or urgent action
* To be aware of the tasks and activities which must NOT be undertaken as part of care duties, as set out in relevant policies and procedures
* Undertake on-call duties as directed and record/report all on-call activity to the office
* To allocate all unassigned calls during on-call hours - where visits cannot be assigned, undertake the visit
* To liaise closely with colleagues and other care professionals
* Line manage staff through conducting one to one supervisions, spot checks and annual appraisals
* To maintain confidentiality of information at all times
* Safe running of the branch in the absence of the Branch/Deputy Manager
Skills and Experience required for the role of Domiciliary Care Coordinator
* NVQ Level 2 and above preferable
* Domiciliary Care experience
* An ability to communicate effectively at all levels
* Exceptionally well organised individual with proven administration experience
* Good time management/prioritisation skills
* Excellent communication skills
* Ability to work on your own initiative and under pressure
* Car Driver Essential
Our client is a leading Homecare provider and offer a variety of specialist services individual to people's needs, which include Live-In Care, Dementia Support, Reablement Services, Learning Difficulties, Mental Health diagnosis and Palliative Care.
They provide over 2.7 million hours of support each year to over 8000 people through a network of 25 branches located in North, East and South East London, Essex, Hertfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Leicestershire, Nottinghamshire, Gloucestershire, Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and West Sussex; working in partnership with some 30 Contracting Authorities.
So if your values are passion, people and empathy....this Health and Social Care Company are also passionate about ensuring that everyone who works for them fulfils their potential....
If you have all of the above criteria contact Sarah at Skyex Resourcing now for a confidential chat.
Candidates without the above experience will not be considered.