Head of UX
7 days left
- Full Time
Head of UX
Salary: Around the £120k mark (bonus on top)
About the role
My client are recruiting for a Head of User Experience who can lead their UX efforts through a massive transition from being brand specific to being partially centralised - creating a flexible, local yet efficient UX process across the group. They believe the UX discipline is central for creating the best gambling experience - and that the customer is part of the team.
What will you be doing?
- Leading a team of talented UX researchers, designers and architects; inspiring them and growing their capabilities to bring leading edge user centric design thinking to the Group.
- Adapting and coaching the team through a time of change, ensuring the team's role in the organisation and the responsibilities towards other teams are clarified and optimised.
- Direct line management of central UX team - potentially also indirect supervision of decentralised resources.
- Developing our UX proposition to make our consumer brands excel in the gambling industry and beyond.
- Champion our customers; understand their drivers and motivations and always defend the user's perspective.
- Responsible for the team's work, ensuring consistency and high quality output.
- Working closely with the Heads of departments across Commercial, Tech and Project Management to collaborate and manage the delivery of work.
- Contributing to leading the Group towards delivering strategic targets, and partaking in realising the transformations outlined in the strategy.
How will you be measured?
- The role is measured on throughput, quality and precision related to the functional area. But as this is a senior management role, it is also measured on the contribution to group-wide transformations, as well as reduction in customer pain points and the improvements in feature time to market.
- Any successful candidate will be willing and able to carry responsibilities beyond his or her immediate control, and contribute to leading the group.
What have you done?
- A proven track record in delivering well thought out, insight driven, multi-channel UX strategies and solutions - either client or agency-side.
- Experience across all areas of UX: research, insights, strategy, experience architecture, IA, interface design, multiple device formats, optimisation and testing.
- The ability to work at a strategic conceptual level but equally comfortable in the detailed definition of a well thought out experience.
- Passionate about 'the user' and delivering excellent digital experiences.
- Change management.
- Ideally experience creating one broad UX vision that is applied and adjusted to suit multiple consumer brands.
- Strong leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to lead a team with very differing skill sets and experience levels across 3+ locations.
- Collaborative approach - ideally with experience from large, complex organisations.
- Proven ability to lead and structure processes and methodologies to best suit an organisation in constant development.
- Ability to build strategic relationships with senior stakeholders across the business and partner stakeholders across the Group.
- University education (ideally to bachelor level in a relevant discipline).
For more information please email
We regret that due to current volumes, we are unable to acknowledge every application. All successful candidates will be contacted as soon as possible. If you are contacted, please note that, as part of the registration process, you will be required to provide us with proof of identity and proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
Betting Appointments, part of the St George's Recruitment Group, is acting as an employment agency in regard to this vacancy. We specialise in finding great jobs for great people; our consultants handle a wide range of roles within the betting and gaming industry. If you're looking for a fresh approach to betting and gaming recruitment, please contact us now