General Sales Manager
General Sales Manager
An exceptional car dealership in Chelmsford has an incredibly rare position for a General Sales Manager to manage great team. This role would suit someone looking for some stability within their career. We really want someone to join this company with a long term vision for the site and team around them.
As a General Sales Manager you will lead, motivate, manage and drive your team to provide customer service excellence, whilst delivering against the companies key performance indicators. As General Sales Manager you will ensure the Retail Centre is well managed with cars, take responsibility for the presentation of the Retail Centre, build and maintain strong relationships with the Brand. As General Sales Manager you will work closely with other departments, and will be hands on with the day to day running of the Retail Centre and achieve the highest standards set out by the Brand.
Alongside your customer-centric attitude, you will be commercially minded, passionate about the car industry, motivated by setting, achieving and exceeding targets.
- To be a success in this role, you will have
- A proven track record in sales from within the automotive industry
- The ability to lead by example, manage and inspire the team to deliver an Incredible performance
- Strong customer focus
- Great computer literacy
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Self motivation
- Your Responsibilities
- To unleash the potential of the sales team by setting stretching objectives and providing regular feedback on performance against these objectives
- To ensure that all sales executives have a current PDR to maximise performance and to support individuals development.
- To resource the sales team appropriately on a day to day and longer term basis
- Maintain good relationships with our Brand partners.
- Ensure that compliance is enforced and that it meets all the obligations relating to the customer experience and to the manufacturers standards within the Sales arena
- Full understanding of manufacturer targets ensuring the team are maximising every opportunity
- Encourage the sales team to review processes to ensure they are working in the most efficient way.
- Be receptive to new ways of doing things and actively encourage the sales team to try out new ideas
- Inspire the sales team to deliver an Incredible Customer Experience for every customer that the sales team comes into contact with.
- Manage the day to day sales activities such as deal files, handovers, sales funnel to maximise sales revenue.
As General Sales Manager will receive guaranteed base salary , plus an excellent bonus structure , we also offer great benefits including:
- 22 days holiday, rising to 25 after 5 years
- Company car
- Company pension scheme
- Life assurance
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Discount gym membership
- Vehicle purchase discount
- Employee Advantage - retail discounts with over 3000 retailers
- Cycle to work scheme
If you are interested in this role please contact Command Recruitment now.