DevOps Engineer / Site Reliability Engineer - Up to £50,000 + benefits
Information about the role
A Site Reliability Engineer is required to join the world's leading source of intelligent information for business and professionals. This a fantastic opportunity to work within the Application Operations engineering team to improve reliability and performance of their platforms supporting the world's premier news, video, pictures and multimedia agency.
- Building and maintaining automation systems to help manage their rapidly growing infrastructure
- Assist Software engineering teams to ensure proper monitoring and metrics are being built into their applications
- Maintain and develop custom system and tools to improve their ability to deploy, automate, and effectively monitor custom applications in a mixed Windows/Linux environment
- Document current and future configuration processes and policies
- Substantial experience managing Windows or Unix/Linux infrastructure
- Strong troubleshooting skills that span systems, network and applications
- Strong scripting ability in at least one of the following languages: Bash, Ruby, Perl and/or Python
- Experience collecting and aggregating log data in an ELK stack
- Experience with web-based Java/J2EE architectures
- Experience with monitoring systems, such as Nagios and Sensu
- Expertise with configuration management systems such as Puppet
Package you could receive
This role is paying a competitive salary with an attractive benefits package and bonus.