Buying Manager - Global Food Retailer
The Grocer of the Year 2015
£45,000 - £70,000 + Car Allowance + Generous Discount
South West London
Our clients Buying department is at the forefront of the success. Not only is it one of the largest and fastest expanding departments, it influences every product in every store. From the way a product tastes to how the packaging looks to the final retail price, it all starts here.
Wasting no time in making decisions every day… decisions that will impact on the success of each and every store in the UK, you will relish the challenge of negotiation, especially at high levels. Backed by training and support, your self-confidence will grow even further.
Thriving in a fast paced environment, and possessing real entrepreneurial flair, joining this dynamic and highly motivated department full of likeminded, gifted individuals could be the perfect opportunity for you.
- As an experienced Food Retail Buyer, you will be accountable for a group products within the assortment
- Responsible for market observation and defining product ranges and qualities through conducting thorough Product Range Analysis
- Preparing, conducting and maintaining negotiations and contracts with national suppliers
- Defining and ongoing monitoring of product retail prices
- Maintaining ongoing communication and relationship management with suppliers
- Responsible for conception and implementation of category strategies
- Ensuring full availability of the products in your categories in all listed regions
- Managing the development of individual packaging and artwork for specified products
- Managing and maintaining close working relationships with the International Buying department
- A 2:1 degree in any discipline (business preferred)
- Previous food retail buying experience
- A full driving license
- Excellent communication skills
- Self-motivated, able to work independently within a high pressured environment
- Excellent organisational and interpersonal skills
- A naturally analytical mind-set with plenty of common sense
- Excellent standard of numeracy
- Entrepreneurial flair with a talent for negotiating and networking at the highest levels
- The ability to make important decisions and cope with the pressure of demanding targets and tight deadlines
- Highly computer literate & A high degree of adaptability
- The confidence to make tough decisions and a strong team player
- Required to travel throughout the UK, role may also and may involve occasional international travel
- German not essential but preferred
The Talent Group is a specialist recruiter in placing into the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Market. Please call one of our trusted consultants to discuss this and other roles that we are currently recruiting.