We are currently looking for an Operations Officerbased in London.
Our client was established in Switzerland in 1967 on a solid foundation of banking tradition that spans several generations.
To assist the account opening officer in the accounts department. To multi-task and assist in the smooth running of the branch. To be alert for any AML/CTF activities in the accounts and to report any suspicious activities to the MLRO. Cover Cashier in their absence.
Tasks and Responsiblitie
- Assistant Account Opening Officer.
- Backup Cashier - handling the tasks of the cashier at lunchtime and days off.
- Processing remittances.
- Processing Trade Finance.
- Sending requests for cheque books / giro books / standing orders / direct debit cancellations / cheque cancellations.
- Sending daily excess report and the return unpaids to the H.O.
- Assisting the account opening officer with filling the account opening forms and checking if all documentation has been received.
- Sending any amendments to be done in the accounts to CAM.
- Recovering locker charges from the accounts on maturity.
- Attending Natwest Bank for lodgement of outward cheques.
- Looking after the outward mail register and going to the post office with the mail.
- Attending to general customer inquiries.
- Multi-tasking for any other duty / assignment as requested by the Manager.
Experience and Education
- Knowledge in the Financial Market.
- Operation Banking Experience
- Account Opening Experience
- Customer Service Experience
- UK Experience
- BA Hons Degree from a reputable university.
Skills and Competencies
- MS Office, Microsoft Windows 7 and 8, Mac OS X
- Proficient user of Finacle (banking software)
- Can fluently speak English, Punjabi, Hindi
- An effective team worker with the ability to fit easily into existing working groups.
- Clear and concise communication skills with the ability to adapt own style and methods as appropriate to meet needs.
- Able to organise and plan my work methodically, paying attention to detail ensuring work is completed accurately and on time.
- Good problem solving skills with the ability to think in a logical manner to identify the root of the problem and develop an effective solution.
Please click 'APPLY' should you feel you meet the above requirements.