Sussex Recruitment are seeking a SMT Technical/Operator for their busy client in Eastbourne. Monday to Friday 3pm - 11.15pm
- Both mechanical, automated and hand assembly.
- Using PCB board layouts, BOM part lists and written instructions in order to assemble, rework and/or re-assemble units and sub-assemblies.
- Operating and performing routine maintenance on their process equipment.
- Operating automated/manual assembly equipment such as Pick and Place, Screen Printer, AOI and Wave Solder equipment.
- Building of printed circuit board to meet or exceed established quality standards as per the documentation or instructions provided.
- Operating PC-driven test systems.
- Developing, maintaining and fine tuning programming for all equipment used in SMT related machines used for circuit board assembly.
- Machine operation, setup, line maintenance, training and helping operators on machine and assembly.
- Troubleshooting program/process/ machine issues and fault corrections.
- Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Key skills and experience:
- Have a good knowledge of electronics and components.
- Have experience with pick and place, re-flow, wave soldering, AOI and screen printing programming.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- A qualification in electronics (or equivalent) is preferable but not essential.
- Previous experience in a similar role together with a good understanding of best working practices in an SMT environment.
- SMT hand placement/rework experience is not essential but would be advantageous.
We endeavour to respond to all applications; however, due to the large volume this isn’t always possible. If you haven't heard from us within seven days, please assume you have not been successful for this particular role. Thank you for your interest and please continue to look at our website for future opportunities.