Speech & Language Therapist The Wellington Hospital
6 days left
- Full Time
About The Facility
The Wellington Hospital is the UK's largest independent hospital with over 260 beds and 1000 employees. We have an international reputation for excellence in complex healthcare and have gained four decades of expertise in treating patients from the UK and overseas. We offer a premium service in key areas of healthcare, including: neurosurgery, spinal surgery, cardiac care and acute neurological rehabilitation.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Supported Specialist Speech and Language Therapist to join our Speech Therapy department at The Wellington Hospital in St Johns Wood, London. The Speech Therapy department provides a high quality service to rehab and acute in-patients with communication, cognitive and swallowing problems.
As a Supported Specialist Speech and Language Therapist (Rehab unit) you will be responsible for assessing and treating adult in-patients who have communication and/or swallowing disorders.
Working hours: 37.5 hours per week. Shifts; 9am - 5:15pm (Mon-Fri). The projected salary range is £30,979 - £37,814 per annum , plus a comprehensive benefits package on top. This includes, mentorship programme training, structured career development, funded courses, health and wellbeing support system, private pension, private medical care cover and much more
Duties & Responsibilities
* Following comprehensive assessment, you will work with patients to determine the best treatment to address their specific needs. This often involves individual therapy, and includes advice and support.
* To advise staff and family regarding implementation of treatment programmes for in-patients and some out-patients with speech, language and swallowing disorders.
* Use video-fluoroscopy to assess patients who have swallowing disorders when appropriate.
* Supervise treatment provided by therapy assistants within the hospital.
* To work closely with the interdisciplinary team to ensure that an agreed care plan and patient-centred goals are set and that the outcome of intervention is monitored.
Skills & Experience
* Registered member of RCSLT and HPC.
* Experience working with adults with a range of neurological disorders.
* Experience working within an adult, in-patient setting.
* Some experience of video-fluoroscopy, Dysphagia and Tracheostomy is advantageous although full training is provided.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Good interpersonal, planning and organisational skills with the ability to work well within a multi-disciplinary team.