Safety Health Environment Quality Manager
Our client is seeking a qualified and experienced Safety Health Environment and Quality Manager to work within an excellent well known international manufacturing/trading company. You will be responsible for the company’s overall performance in this area and lead QMS, H&S and EMS processes and procedures throughout UK operations. You will champion all aspects of SHEQ and really drive improvements to standards across the business. The company are very strong in this area and are proud of their achievements to date so you will be able to play a really important role in a company which values the work you do.
You will take the lead and have overall responsibility for continuously improving processes relating to Safety, Health, Environment and Quality. The company are proud of their work to date in these areas and the senior management team take the role very seriously. As well as delivering on process and knowledge in these areas, key to this role is building strong relationships with the people within Operations and having a very inclusive approach to really engage with people. Some specific duties and responsibilities will include:
Health and Safety
- Provide H&S guidance to all employees, contractors and visitors
- Monitor working practises and undertake regular work place inspections
- Ensure H&S policy, risk assessments, COSHH assessments are regularly reviewed and updated in line with legislative changes and changes to working procedures
- Maintain up to date knowledge of H&S legislation, updating internal processes, procedures and documents as necessary
- Champion H&S across the business and improve the H&S culture
Quality and Environment
- Implement and maintain QMS and EMS to required standards
- Take responsibility for ISO audits, implementing improvements where necessary
- Lead the transition to achieve the new ISO standards
- Ensure consideration of Environmental aspects within all processes, procedures and operations
- Investigate quality issues and concerns, taking corrective action where necessary
- Ensure all documentation for Control of Suppliers is kept up to date
Suppliers and Customers
- Involvement with supplier audits
- Liaison with customers and a central point of contact in relevant areas
- Managing all customer requirements and controls
The ideal candidate
This role requires a tenacious individual with strong leadership skills and experience. You will be resilient and confident in making decisions, with strong communication skills in order to positively engage with employees on all levels. You will also be an effective problem solver, self-motivated and able to identify and make recommendations for improvements. You will hold a NEBOSH Health & Safety Diploma or equivalent and ideally a Diploma in Quality Management and NEBOSH Environment Diploma, or be willing to gain them. You must be able to demonstrate management experience in QMS, H&S and EMS processes and procedures in accordance with ISO standards and have and enthusiastic and passionate approach to improving systems.
The working environment and culture within this business really is nice so this is a great place to work. Hours are very attractive, there is a good benefits package and free parking
Please note, due to the volume of applications we are unable to contact each applicant individually. If you have not heard from us within 3 days of application please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.