Director of IT - Leading Independent School
GreatFind Recruitment is proud to be working with one of the most successful and prestigious educational establishments in the UK. Their premises are located in South West London and boast fantastic resources for their staff and attendees. They are currently seeking an I.T all-rounder to join their on-site team in managing and leading the schools primary IT function. Their environment is second to none and offers the latest in technology and innovative project work, giving their pupils the very best IT experience. The role is to take Directorship of the current IT infrastructure and lead from the top; alongside your dedicated and experienced staff you will hold overall accountability for all IT services across their sites, and use your excellent knowledge and experience to ensure that service levels are maintained at all times. You will enjoy great responsibility in your role and have freedom to implement fresh ideas and approaches, focusing on ever improving your users’ experience.
With support from the site Deputy Head, you will be implementing the schools I.T strategies. You will directly manage Operations staff, ensuring that Technicians, Administrators and 3rd party support work collaboratively to deliver against your outlined objectives.
Your day to day duties will involve:
- Managing external service providers (3rd party)
- Learning, developing and delivering a detailed IT strategy
- Taking control of purchasing and budget definition
- Engaging with key stakeholders to determine their IT requirements
- Preparing the department for quality and performance audits by external bodies
- Managing weekly IT service meetings in order to ensure all planned work is carefully executed and factoring in risk management to minimize down time
- Co-ordinating out of hours support for emergency scenarios
- Updating documentation on system devices (Quality Assurance)
- Carefully planning and managing large scale projects using appropriate project management methodologies
- Driving personal continued professional development in line with a CPD model
This opportunity is ideally suited to a senior IT professional with a solid background in the educational sector. This will not only ensure that you hit the ground running in your new role, but it will also provide a strong foundation for you to implement key ideas and strategies that you have succeeded with in your career to date. Our client recently received an industry recognised award for their exceptional learning environment and they are very keen on maintaining and building upon their recent successes. If you share a vision for supporting and inspiring, modern and exciting education, we would like to hear from more you today! In additional to be above duties, you will also be a pivotal member of the schools IT committee.
The Ideal candidate will possess:
- A track record of success in managing large scale IT projects and driving strategic change, particularly within an educational environment
- Experience with people management and development support
- Budget management and financial planning knowledge
- A good understanding of IT best practises, standards and statutory requirements
- Experience working alongside vendors, stake holders and board/committee staff
- Very strong interpersonal skills, leadership qualities and the ability to motivate a team Technical requirements
- Experience with managing and developing IT staff and services using relevant methodologies such as ITIL
- Prince 2 and MSP project management standard knowledge and experience
- Strong technical knowledge of cloud, networks, routers and most common hardware and software tools, particularly those used within schools and colleges
- Awareness of new technologies and trends available in the educational sector which would improve user experience and teaching functions
- Able to translate complex information into non-complex material for meetings with non-technical stakeholders
- Able to challenge technical recommendations
- Strong IT security experience
Does this sound like you? Are you interested in joining one of the UK’s leading independent schools? Our client is offering a very competitive salary which could extend up to £65,000 plus benefits.
Benefits include a pension scheme, life assurance, health insurance, free parking, free lunches and discounted school fees.
Our client is looking to recruit for the role as soon as possible so please APPLY TODAY! Our closing date for applications is 20th of Feb 2017. GreatFind Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer.