4 days left
- Full Time
We are currently looking to recruit a customer-centric and results-focused individual to join the Smart Energy Code Administrator and Secretariat (SECAS) team. This position will take on a wide range of tasks to support the delivery of the SECAS contract. The position requires strong communication and stakeholder management skills, and the ability to present information in a range of different formats and styles. The successful candidate will produce papers, briefs and documents dealing with policy, governance, technical processes and procedures, and requires strong organisational skills to manage changing and competing priorities. The person will also play an active role supporting a range of secretariat and meeting management services in a highly technical environment.
- Preparing presentations, briefs, and supporting presentations at industry meetings;
- Coordinating, supporting, managing and participating in stakeholder meetings, working groups, Panels, Boards and facilitating industry/contract events;
- Reviewing, analysing and collating reports/responses on Government policy and consultations and wider industry documentation;
- Contributing to the drafting of agendas, papers, responses, budgets, code and market reporting;
- Preparation of governance and market design materials and templates;
- Liaison with industry stakeholders, including regulatory and governance bodies;
- Building and Maintaining strong client relationships; and
- Supporting the progression and implementation of changes to governance products.
- Experience in UK retail utilities (electricity or gas) /UK Smart Metering / Grids (desirable);
- Understanding and experience of industry codes and governance (desirable);
- Strong written, verbal and numeracy skills;
- Focus on attention to detail and quality of own work;
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with a particular focus on quality;
- Strong communication, presentation, and stakeholder management skills; and
- Good team interaction and interpersonal skills.
Gemserv realises its success depends on its people and we work hard to recruit and retain the right people.
We pride ourselves on our social, inclusive, open and supportive culture. Our values (insight, collaboration, and impact) are seen every day in how we collaborate and work with each other and our clients.
Our people are integral in supporting the delivery of our successfully established, new or challenging projects and assignments. In return for their hard work and dedication, we reward them with the opportunity to establish an accelerated career, ongoing development opportunities, work life balance, and a wide range of benefits
Gemserv is a specialist market design, governance and assurance services provider. We work at the heart of the UK’s smart energy, environment, water and information security sectors. Our aim is to help shape the future of these complex markets for everyone’s benefit and provide evidence based, impartial advice to our clients. We deliver high quality end to end services, from policy development and initial governance frameworks, through to solution design, build and maintenance, as well as accreditation and assurance schemes and secretariat provision.
Our impressive client list includes many high profile names and ranges from government bodies/regulators to global, blue-chip corporations.
We encourage applicants who wish to explore flexibility in working hours and location. If you would like to explore this further, then please state any potential preferences at the end of the cover letter.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV and application letter to us by clicking 'Apply Now'