Head of Coffee / Barista Trainer
Looking for a passionate Head of coffee for an expanding business.
Hello and welcome,
We are Knot, creators of deliciously soft pretzels and a bespoke, irresistible blend of coffee.
Since 2012, you could say we’ve been growing at a rate of knots! We’ve already opened 6 shops and are planning more in the next few years. So the question is, will you be the one to help us expand across London?
If you fit the bill, you’ll be responsible for coordinating coffee training of all new Baristas, organizing individual coaching session, looking after the maintenance of all the equipment, controlling the quality, Liaising with Union Hand roasted to select single origin filter coffee and making our bespoke blend evolve.
• Proficiency in English language
• At least 1 year experience in speciality coffee
• Excellent understanding of espresso principles, milk texturing and free pouring latte art to a high standard.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Excellent organisational skills
• Creative mind
• Knowledge of coffee varietals, processing methods and coffee growing regions and their impact on the cup flavor
• Experience in coffee cupping
• Experience in alternative brewing methods
Please note that this is a hands on job, time on the floor is required and being able to reach most of our locations (Clapham junction, Vauxhall, Kingston, Victoria, East Croydon) is necessary.
Full time position 45 hours/ week, some week end will be required.
Salary: from £22,000 to £ 25,000 per Annum
Please apply online for this Head of Coffee / Barista Trainer role with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received for this Head of Coffee / Barista Trainer role and to follow further instructions if applicable.