Category Manager - Soft FM
Category Manager, Soft FM
Location: Surrey / SW London
Salary: £45,000 - £55,000 plus excellent benefits
Our client is a global engineering organisation currently undergoing significant growth. They are therefore seeking several FM Category Managers to join their growing Facilities Management business segment. This business segment delivers Facilities Management Integration (FMI) services for a number of public sector organisations, including programme management, service delivery management, procurement, subcontract management, supply chain management and design services.
As part of this role you will deliver best in class FM procurement and subcontract services on behalf of clients therefore the role requires a strong candidate within FM and/or demonstrable knowledge of the FM market in London and the UK. The successful candidate must be knowledgeable in all aspects of the procurement, subcontracts management and claim management in the FM sector.
The candidate must be able to work independently under supervision of the Procurement and Subcontracts Manager whilst working collaboratively with clients in the Public Sector. The candidate will be responsible for the overall delivery of all procurement and subcontract management activities for the assigned packages and will accountable for its flawless execution and the delivery of value for money.
The role will perform, under minimal supervision, the full range of market engagement, procurement and subcontract administration activities associated with the sourcing and delivery of Hard FM services. The successful candidate will be accountable for performance and results.
• Developing procurement strategies and recommending the most adequate route to market for each service
• Undertaking large or complex FM packages, generally within the Public Contracts Regulations
• Developing all tendering documentation required for prequalification, invitation to tenders, tender evaluation and award recommendation and as required by the project or client
• Developing pricing strategies for FM services
• Supporting Category Managers for Hard and Soft FM and Projects
• Managing all assigned subcontracts
• Delivering post award value for money and cost reduction initiatives with the supply chain and service delivery teams
• Working with clients in a collaborative manner whilst providing robust advice
Skills and Experience:
• Degree on a relevant discipline or relevant qualifications and experience
• A demonstrable experience equivalent to 5 years' experience managing FM procurement and contract management
• Ability to interface with clients
• Exceptional presentation and reporting skills
• Experience and knowledge delivering procurements and subcontracts under Public Contracts Regulations
• Experience and knowledge on the FM NEC3 and JCT contract forms
• Experience working in one of the Tier 1 FM contractors