Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Urban Infrastructure Manager
My client a major project residential developer to act for the development team as the senior manager to create and deliver the spaces and infrastructure to support the aspirations for their project as a whole.
As Senior Urban Infrastructure Manager you will support project decisions making and improve consistency and governance, be accountable for design and cost control, authority requirements and approvals, strategies, policies, objectives and plans relating to infrastructure and place making.
You will drive, facilitate and be accountable for infrastructure and public realm design and delivery as a key part of large scale urban regeneration schemes including leading infrastructure input to bid work for potential new projects. For these schemes, infrastructure encompasses elements such as roads, bridges, tunnels, water supply, sewers, electrical grids, telecommunications, heat networks and energy centres, and soft components such as landscaping and parks - all the essential commodities and services to enable, sustain and enhance living conditions for the community and residents. The delivery of the public realm covers all projects or initiatives, both permanent and temporary to create place and facilitate the activation of the public realm across the project.
- Experience in integration of infrastructure, public realm and built form
- Relevant post-qualification experience in an infrastructure design or delivery role
- Experience of achieving client requirements in respect of urban regeneration, commercial and residential projects & mixed use
- Driving the provision of infrastructure in the urban regeneration process
- Experience of dealing / negotiating with the major utilities and integration into projects
- Experience of the management of completed public realm and the interface with development works
- Work with the Development Manager to create a brief for public realm and infrastructure to meet the aspirations for the project
- Lead the design and delivery of the utility infrastructure from due diligence and site investigation works, including water, sewer, stormwater, public realm and roadways, heat networks, gas, electricity, telecoms, security and other elements - as part of making informed investment decisions and providing a platform for future development plots
- Lead the design and delivery of the softer infrastructure works from due diligence and site investigation works, including the public realm, activation strategy and overall place making - as part of making informed investment decisions and completing the place between the development plots
- To progress projects through the development process including the following stages: design / development brief, internal project gateways and milestones, phasing, cost plan and capital expenditure, infrastructure cost allocation to plots, legal agreements, risk management and reporting
- Challenge design solutions where necessary, propose creative and innovative design solutions and implement. Generally add value and deliver best practice design outcomes
- Generate innovative business solutions and translate these into practical actions
- Prepare & maintain a development programme for infrastructure including phasing plan and gateway review points and conscious of contractual commitments
- Participate in, and prepare information for, bids for new projects, including the development of innovative solutions tailored to suit particular stakeholders
- Assist with establishing sustainability strategy and Targets and monitoring into the design and delivery
- Pre-construction contractor engagement / contract negotiations with contractor