Senior Pattern Cutter/Tech Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
This is an exciting opportunity for a Senior Pattern Cutter to join the Marques’ Almeida team. We are looking to appoint someone who strives to create excellent product andwho has the skills to manage a Tech Team.
The role is necessitated by the high standards of 'fit’ our customers expect and that we aim to offer as well as the constant creative demands of the high-end fashion industry to create new and exciting product.
Marques ' Almeida was created in 2011 by Marta Marques and Paulo Almeida and responds to a growing market for day to day high/end womenswear that is cool, relevant and effortless.
If you’ve been following the Marques ' Almeida story you will know we have been showing at London Fashion Week, and selling in Paris. We’re the current holders of the coveted LVMH Young Talent prize and are now set on growing.
We need an experienced, knowledgeable and enthusiastic Senior Pattern Cutter & Tech Manager to join the team. Someone with at least 1 year experience in a similar role of a larger fashion label, where you will have learned how to handle a very busy workload, and honed an eye for ensuring high quality control standards for our products. Overall, the role demands at least 5/6 years experience in the fashion industry as Pattern Cutter and relevant Technical experience as well as Training and Managing experience.
We’ll give you the chance to put your skills into practice as our first dedicated Senior Pattern Cutter & Tech Manager. Please check through the job description and if its right for you, email your CV with an accompanying 1 page supporting statement explaining how you have the right skills and approach for the job., along with your current salary.
Deadline is midnight Sunday 6th March, and we will be shortlisting and calling people in for interviews in the middle of March.
The job starts as soon as possible. Ideally we envisage the post to be filled by May 1st.
The main responsibilities envisaged for this new post include Creative and Production Pattern Cutting, Management of the Tech team and fit and quality control over the Marques ' Almeida product.
- Ensuring all Patterns are cohesive to M’A standards and adhere to signature finishing and fit
- Development of seasonal patterns including construction notes, fit notes, detail notes … for sampling
- (includes Womenswear, Menswear, Accessories, Tailoring, Leather & Fur, Cut and Sew Knits, Denim…)
- Manage Tech team of Garment Technician, Freelance Pattern Cutters, Freelance Sample Machinists and Intern team overseeing the proper executing of samples and production patterns
- Attend all Fittings with the Creative team leading the Tech team to approve and execute necessary amendments and processing Creative team’s general feedback
- Ensuring all technical materials are ready at the necessary sampling and production deadlines
- Process Production Amendments to seasonal patterns to hand over to Production team
- Pre-empting and diminishing risk of Production issues
- Developing seasonal grade charts and overseeing the execution of these by off shore manufacturers
- Accompanying the production process at Off shore manufacturers, providing all necessary amendments to technical and pattern cutting issues during production period
- Controlling and maintaining consistency in fit and look and continually strive to upgrade our product without affecting the value
- Identifying potential fit problems lie within a pattern and having the knowhow and skills to correct or adapt the pattern accordingly
- Adapting patterns to allow for different fabric types and performance, such as post-production shrinkage of fabrications, or stretch characteristics.
- Developing, maintaining and improving a critical path in conjunction with other team members, and regularly setting priorities with other Team members
- Building technical department to grow as business grows - managing recruitment, training team members in technical department roles /responsibilities to M’A standards
Personal skills, attributes, knowledge:
- Passionate about pattern cutting
- A degree qualification in relevant subject
- At least 1 year experience in a similar role with at least 5 years experience as Pattern Cutter in fashion labels
- Training and experience with Gerber Software V.10 and CAD systems
- Experience in Creative Pattern cutting Manual and Digital
- Experience in both Womenswear and Menswear pattern cutting and preferential knowledge in specific areas like Cut & Sew Knits, Denim, Tailoring, Leather & Fur, Outerwear, Swimwear.
- Experience and knowledge of Pattern Digitizing software Gerber V.10
- Experience inTechnical side of Garment construction including Garment Technician and Sample Machinist reflecting construction and finishing knowledge
- Experience in a studio environment including managing internal processes and team
- Must be highly organized, methodical, analytical and have a good eye for detail
- Brilliant management skills
- Demanding about the quality of the product, with high technical knowledge
- Experienced in Pattern Grading (Manual and Digital)
- Clear and concise communication both written and verbal an absolute essential.
- Experience Managing students/interns
- Experience Managing Tech teams
- Experiencewith recruitment.
- Natural problem solver
- Confortable working to tight deadlines and in a pressured environment.
- Pro-active "can-do" attitude
- Excellent in in Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign
- Willing to travel in Europe as required.
Responsible to the CPO: Paulo Almeida
Management: Garment Tech, Freelance Pattern Cutters, Freelance Sample Machinists and a small team of interns who you will recruit and co-ordinate
Place : Hackney London.