4 days left
- Full Time
£16,536 per annum
Our client have come a long way from the local shop in Kennington Road, London in 1921. Back then they made their own bikes, and even won awards for the quality of their service. It was (and still is) all about knowledge, passion and value. These three things are still part of our client’s DNA – they’re still a local bike shop, but now with nationwide stores and a huge online store that operate on a global scale.
Our client are now looking to recruit a Mechanic to join the team in their London stores.
As our client’s Mechanic, you will be a representative of the company and an ambassador for cycling. You will be expected to:
- Ensure bikes leave your workshop ready for optimum performance
- Offer great customer service and demonstrate exceptional technical knowledge
- Have knowledge of and adhere to health & safety regulations that concern yourself, your team, customers & visitors to the store
- Contribute to the security and management of stock
- Contribute to administration tasks & data analysis to ensure high store performance
- Know what’s going on not just in your store, but also the wider business
A full job description is available upon request.
To be considered for our client’s Mechanic role, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Previous experience in a professional workshop would be great although not essential
- An extensive working knowledge of bike mechanics and maintenance
- An understanding of all customer related policies, especially warranties
- An interest in cycling & an enthusiasm about the products you sell
- The ability to oversee the team in the absence of the Workshop Manager
You will be enrolled on Prologue (our client’s in-house training program) from day one, giving you the skills and knowledge to confidently meet the needs of each individual customer.
Our client love to reward their colleagues for the passion and enthusiasm they put into what they do, from day one you will receive:
- Up to 28 Days Holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
- A Company Pension scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Fantastic Discounts on Bike Insurance and British Cycling Council Membership
- The Yellow Jersey – the colleague of the month award
- Free Entry to our client’s RIDEIT Events
- A Dedicated Training Program from day one
On completion of your probationary period you will also receive:
- A Ride to Work Scheme (unsurprisingly)
- Trade Discount on all of our client’s products
- Holiday Buy Back – buy up to 5 days’ additional holiday
Also, after 6 months you will have:
- Health Shield, a cash back health plan
- Access to your very own e-learning portal
- Opportunities to gain industry recognised mechanic qualifications
If you feel you have the skills for our client’s Mechanic role, please apply now!
Mechanic, Mechanical Fitter, Mechanical Assembler, Bike Mechanic, Bicycle Mechanic.