Head of Mathematics
Tech City College is an Aspirations Academies Post-16 STEM specialist College. We are committed to raising students’ aspirations so that all young people reach their fullest potential and achieve the success they desire. Tech City is a small and friendly College with big ambitions. We aim to educate and train the next generation of scientists, engineers, technicians, entrepreneurs and innovators. We are looking for skilled teachers who are passionate and enthusiastic to work with the best in the industry to ensure our students gain invaluable practical, professional and personal skills through the bold new curriculum called Aspirations Portfolio.
This is an exciting career opportunity for a candidate with outstanding teaching skills to contribute to the further development of our Mathematics Department. Applications are sought from people who are well qualified and able to teach to A Level plus Further Mathematics including Core, Statistical and Mechanical Maths who believe they are able to lead this department well and achieve success.
This role is FTE 0.8
The successful candidates for this role will:
- Be a passionate teacher with a genuine love of their subject(s) enthusiastic about helping young people succeed
- Have high expectations of behaviour and academic progress, having energy and creativity to make a significant contribution to the whole college
- Hold relevant Qualified Teacher Status and an undergraduate degree.
- Have experience of teaching A Level Mathematics and Further Mathematics.
- Have a proven track record of successful learning and teaching and have the ability to draw upon their professional/educational background to demonstrate their ability to successfully teach to A level (Level 3) standard plus Further Mathematics including Core, Statistical and Mechanical Maths.