Senior Conference Producer
• Are you a highly successful, driven Conference Producer with a demonstrated track record looking for the opportunity to make a difference and drive success within an independent media company?
• Are you an outgoing and passionate individual who wants to inspire people to make a difference?
• Are you tenacious, creative and with a commercial approach to developing your events?
• Would you like to work for a leading independent media company?
If so, we could have your new career opportunity
This position would be working for an independent media group working from their modern head office in West Sussex. Trusted by thousands of professionals to deliver high quality insight for better business decision making through their diverse and compelling portfolio of digital platforms, exhibitions, events and publications. They operate in three specialist markets and create powerful connections and provide persuasive marketing solutions.
The main objective of the Senior Conference Producer role is to research and develop a series of commercially successful conferences from conception to running them on the day. To generate new conference topics that enhance our existing portfolio of events.
The conference team deliver a diverse programme of more than 30 conferences and 5 industry awards. This is a rare opportunity to join a growing and well-respected part of the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Reporting to Head of Conferences and project managing event teams including editorial, marketing, operations, data and sales functions. Mentoring two junior members of the production team.
• To research and develop a series of commercially successful conferences
• To refresh the content and format of annual events
• Conducting in-depth research calls, securing top-quality speakers, copywriting and develop industry-leading, interactive and engaging agendas.
• Leading the project team to deliver financial objectives.
• To write compelling copy for invitations, brochures, emails and other promotional collateral
• To collaborate with and project manage the editorial, sales, operations, marketing and data teams to achieve revenue and quality objectives
• To work with the operations team to ensure the successful delivery of the event on-site
• The role is both client-facing and analytical in nature and requires a high degree of creativity and judgement. It is essential that the successful candidate can process complex information and communicate it clearly to various stakeholders.
• The post-holder will deal with staff at all levels internally and a large portion of the role requires developing relationships with senior industry leaders. It is therefore essential that the post-holder has a pleasant and confident manner and is at ease speaking with people at all levels.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Conference production experience, successfully delivering profitable events on time and on budget
• Ability to assimilate complex information and communicate it clearly
• Organisational skills
• Interpersonal skills - ability to manage relationships with various stakeholders
• Ability to meet deadlines while balancing a variety of projects
• Excellent copywriting skills
• Demonstration of achieving commercial success in a fast-paced environment
• Highly organised with excellent copywriting skills.
• An understanding of the sustainability and utilities sectors would be an advantage, but if not, we would like to see evidence of you getting to know a complex market quickly.
• You will have extensive research experience and a proven track record for consistently hitting deadlines and revenue targets.
• Leadership - to guide and support junior members of the team