M&E Design Co-ordinator
To work within the Predevelopment Team we are looking for someone who will be experienced in leading the management of M&E design development, integration of designs into the main building designs, coordination, site inspection & verification of compliance for construction projects ranging in total value between £1m and £20m. We are looking for someone to be:
• Competent at reviewing and assessing consultants', subcontractors' and suppliers' designs and specifications, both pre- and post-tender, for compliance and completeness and monitoring their work on site. Knowledge of BREEAM, BIM, DREAM and CfSH requirements and aware of Corporate Responsibility
• Confident in researching, introducing, adapting and utilising new methods, materials or techniques
• Successful at establishing client confidence to assist them in creating the project brief, often from a position of total ignorance on their part. Also experienced handling expert and difficult clients and resolving problems arising from client changes
• Able to make positive contributions to Technical Meetings and review compliance with client's requirements
• Resourceful when working in problem areas which demand flexibility and the ability to reflect in action.
• Provide technical guidance, construction planning and logistic information for bids/tenders.
• Liaise with Estimators, Surveyors, Buyers and Construction team to assist with production of development fees & utility costs for the construction cost.
• Co-ordinate technical, design and external Client issues with the Construction, Development and Marketing teams.
• In conjunction with Environmental Consultant issue agreed sustainability/Code, Pre-Assessment and Energy Strategy.
• Assist Technical Administrators with the preparation of Health & Safety File and O&M Manuals.
• Assist in managing the M&E design process and promoting integration of disciplines
• Assist in selecting, managing and appointing consultants to ensure that they perform in line with their deed and agreed scope of services
• Overview, monitoring and reporting on design programmes.
• Providing technical support to the bid process.
• Ensuring designs meet all necessary statutory and regulatory approvals and are recorded on appropriate tracking logs.
• Ensure that outputs of all Designers meet all technical and commercial requirements within each project.
• Identify opportunities and eliminate risk to ensure that projects evolve to meet financial and programme requirements
• Ensure delivery of the design required to meet the start on sites dates in line with the management account