Do you want to make a real difference to the lives of young people in the London region? If so please read on..
You will work with a caseload of young people, 16-24 year olds and helping them develop their education and job search skills so that they move into and sustain a placement in education, training or employment including apprenticeships and traineeships.
This project will provide a caseload approach to supporting young people using a resilience model delivering job readiness and removing barriers to entering sustainable education, employment and training.
You will be responsible for:
- Networking and developing effective working relationships and referral pathways with local authorities including targeted youth support services, young adult services and other partners to identify young people who would benefit from the project
- Publicise the programme to young people and local agencies through briefings, meetings, local events and social media
- Manage a caseload of young people providing an individually tailored programme of support and skills development
- Undertake needs assessments with young people on the caseload and agree a person centred action plan
- Deliver a non-accredited learning programme to meet the needs of each young person surrounding motivational activities, confidence building, positive body image, time management and job search skills
- Provide practical support to young people on your caseload that helps foster positive outcomes
- Referring into the Youth Talent project for young people to access work experience, trials, internships to raise motivation and help young people gain work experience
- You must have experience in coaching, mentoring, careers guidance or related field with a qualification at Level 4
- You must have experience of working with young people who may be facing barriers to entering learning, training or employment
- Experience of working within a payment by results targeted environment is essential
- Experience of working on ESF funded contracts
You will need to undertake a DBS if successful in applying for this role.