Senior Software Engineer -Aws
Senior Software Engineer -AWS/Docker
- We are looking for a spectacular developer who is keen to help us develop products and prototypes within Applied Innovation team.
- You would be responsible for analysis, design and implementation of complex software solutions using AWS, Docker, Kubernetes etc.
- We are specifically working on a micro services platform to help leverage the use of these new technologies in all our future work and an analytics platform to harness data across apps within the organization. We are also working on a communications platform for enterprise use.
- Applied Innovation is responsible for the exploration of emerging technologies, which includes FinTech capabilities, Blockchain, cognitive computing, AR / VR and other areas of interest. Applied Innovation is also responsible for native, hybrid and HTML 5 mobile application development.
We work through the whole software development lifecycle with a lightweight Agile approach. We use the latest tools and processes to ease our lives as developers with a strong focus in software quality.
- Strong experience of cloud infrastructure like Amazon Web Services (AWS) with services and products like EC2, S3, Kubernetes, Docker and Elastic Search
- Unix environment and Bash scripting
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
- Critical thinking, value judgment and common sense over process
- Passionate about problem solving
- Proactive and able to learn quickly
- Experience of cryptography such as public key encryption, KMI
- RESTful API design and implementation and messaging system experience
- Knowledge of TCP/IP networking and network protocols
- Strong understanding of different database types and picking an appropriate kind for each type of problem
- Strong understanding of Algorithms and Data Structures
- Opensource advocacy and participation
- Excellent benefits on offer
- £65,000- £75,000
- +10% Bonus
- + 5% Flexible allowance
- +Training allowance
- +Flexible hours
- +25 days holidays
+Nice office with excellent transport links - Canary Wharf, London
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.