Careers Adviser specialising in SEN
Careers Adviser specialising in SEN (Keyworker)
Full time - 6 month contract fixed term
£16 per hour Ltd - PAYE available
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of young people with special educational needs?
If so, you could be the person we are looking for in Central London!
We are currently looking to recruit a Careers Adviser/Keyworker who specialises in SEN to deliver careers information, advice and guidance to young people either on a one-to-one basis or in small groups.
Your caseloads could include work with young people who have multiple barriers to progression, young people with special needs, or with a larger segment of young people who require less intensive support.
This post involves some travel to deliver services and attend meetings, conferences and training across the region.
Essential qualification for this role:
- NVQ Level 4 in Careers Advice and Guidance
Essential Knowledge and Experience:
- Knowledge of the Education Act 1996 with regard to SEN and associated regulations and the SEN Code of Practice (2001); the Children & Families Act (2014) and the national policy context
- Compiling and co coordinating Education and Health Care Plans, amending statements, dealing with appeals, children, their families and other professionals
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and experience of supporting shared problem solving with a range of people including children, young people, parents and practitioners
- Excellent understanding of the nature and importance of partnership working
- Negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organisational skills, including the capacity to manage competing demands and meet deadlines within timescales
- Experience of working with school staff at all levels
- Use of MS Office
You will need a DBS within 12 months or on the update service in order to apply for this role.