Footwear Assistant Buyer
An exciting role has just come up for an Assistant Buyer to join this High-Street business. The role is to assist the Buyer in creating, planning and delivering fashionable product ranges that meet both the department and company sales and profit targets
As an Assistant Buyer, you will:
- Maintain the Critical Path by gaining relevant dates relating to the production and delivery of stock
- Attending supplier meetings with the Buyer in order to further develop and plan the range
- Demonstrating the understanding of margins and their calculation and contributing to discussions with the Buyer regarding selling prices
- Identifying any significant problems to the Buyer/Merchandiser
- Chasing and updating the critical path and, liaising with imports and suppliers.
- Managing the fit sessions with the Garment Technologist and the Buyer's Administration Assistant and highlighting any issues to the Buyer
- Overseeing any order amendments/order processing and ensuring that all documents relating to the order are then amended
- Processing Orders by overseeing and managing the Buyer's Administration Assistant's daily activities and Resolving any queries as necessary
- Producing reports to show competitor activity on the High Street
- Developing and maintaining a sound supply structure capable of fulfilling the company profit requirements and margin targets.
As an Assistant Buyer, your skills & experience needed are:
- Footwear or Accessories buying experience is essential
- Experience and understanding of the buying environment and commercial awareness.
- Ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines is essential
- Proven ability in communicating effectively both verbally and in writing
- Proven ability and experience in sourcing on a direct basis from Far East and India
- Proven experience of working in a retail buying environment as an Assistant Buyer or Senior Buyers Admin Assistant
This is a fun company to work for, where the environment is fast and vibrant. The business is trends driven therefore you will need a great understanding of the up and coming trends as well as understanding the trading figures.
If you feel you have the skills and experience, please reply with an up to date CV today!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.