Project Manager – Large Reinforced Concrete Frames
£75,000 - £100,000 + Package
About the Role:
We are looking for a Project Manager with experience in Groundworks and RC Frames to work on an RC Frames package based in East London. The individual must be capable of delivering packages ranging in value from £10 million up to £30 million, and have an understanding of various methods of construction from slip-form cores through to general reinforced concrete slabs.
Usual duties will apply from overall management of the site team, technical management of the programme and planning works, through to management of the client and surrounding aspects (i.e. health & safety, temporary works and client meetings).
Suitable candidates will need to be degree qualified in civil engineering or construction management and will be able to show a strong history from a site engineer level through to management over the last 5-10 years or more.
It is crucial that candidates can show a strong amount of concrete frame construction background having worked for rival RC frame subcontractors in the UK. Candidates from a main contract or different subcontract background cannot be considered. If you have managed smaller RC frame packages, you will still be considered as progression into larger packages can be offered.
Main duties include accountability for the following:
- Project Delivery.
- Manage the day-to-day working, from ensuring the correct material turns up before a job, to explaining the work ethics and activities to colleagues.
- Managing the site Engineer, Foremen, labour and plant.
- Communication and information flow with the Contracts manager and the client.
- Implementing the Company Health & Safety Management Systems and Procedures and Quality Assurance Procedures including making safety inspections of the site when work is underway and ensuring regulations relating to health, safety and the environment (HSE) are adhered to.
- Report progress on projects, maintain and update project reporting, checkpoints and financial reporting to a high standard.
- Co-ordinate required support levels and training.
- Preparing the site and liaising with other construction professionals such as architects, engineers, buyers, estimators and surveyors before construction work starts.
- Developing the programme of work and strategy for the project, planning ahead to prevent problems on site before they occur, for example, planning the delivery and storage of equipment and materials.
- Have the ability to oversee the running of several projects.
- Using construction management software packages to plan smooth work flows.
- Communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, the public and the workforce.
To apply for this role, please send an up to date CV or call me on 01923 750 095 to discuss details further.