European VAT Compliance Manager
Robert Half Taxation are hiring for a European VAT Compliance Manager for a leading multinational practice based in Milton Keynes. This is a permanent, full-time position.
Reporting into the European VAT Compliance Leader, the European VAT Compliance Manager will sit as part of the firm's highly-reputed global outsourcing team. The focus of the outsourcing team is to work with large international clients of the firm to provide a joined-up, multi-country outsourcing service for the clients in every country that they operate, covering areas such as taxation and accounts preparation.
This role will focus on VAT and indirect tax work for companies in the European region and will cover: contributing to bids and tenders for work, on-boarding, process mapping and documentation, management and review a VAT Assistant who will prepare the VAT returns directly, conducting high-level reviews of outputs to ensure correct results, and for identifying indirect tax consulting opportunities that arise from the work.
· Assisting with the on-boarding of multi-country outsourcing clients including mapping and documenting of generic VAT compliance processes, liaison with key client stakeholders throughout the management of the international project roll-out.
· Acting as key contact and escalation point for clients in respect of all areas of their VAT Compliance
· Analysing the output from key data tests performed during client implementation and as part of the regular return cycle. Look for indirect tax consulting opportunities arising and defining projects for completion either by the VAT consulting team or by local VAT experts in the firm's practices in the UK and elsewhere.
· Providing quality assurance over the European indirect tax filings including review of exception reports and sense checking draft returns for specific VAT treatments, interacting with relevant VAT and tax expertise in local countries where required.
· Ensuring European VAT Compliance documentation and process notes are kept up to date
· Working with the European VAT Compliance Leader on key multi-country service bids of which VAT is a key component.
· Managing the day to day relationship with the software vendor, ensuring SLA levels are met.
· Other ad hoc internal projects as they emerge within the GCRS business
The company is looking to hire an VAT specialist with European experience; Ideally you will be a qualified tax adviser (CTA) or tax accountant (ACA / ACCA / ICAS) though you may be qualified by experience.
Your experience could either have been gained from working in a practice or from working as a VAT or indirect tax specialist role with a large multinational business.
The client is a leading multinational tax and accountancy practice who are recognised for their quality service and who have a well-established international client base.
Salary & Benefits
Salary is likely to be in the region of £50,000 to £60,000 plus bonus and benefits.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.