Application Support Analyst-French or German Speaking
Support Analyst - French or German Speaking
This is an exciting opportunity join a global powerhouse in the financial services markets.
You will be working with sell-side and buy side clients. This is a past paced environment and we are looking for driven IT professionals. This role is shift based so the candidate will need to have a willingness to be on-call and work out of regular hours and on weekends.
Role Location London
Customer Support - helping man the helpdesk, responding efficiently to customer queries and carrying out Tier 1 and Tier 2 investigation of reported problems in accordance with SLAs. Most support is via telephone or email and all customer contacts are to be reported in the helpdesk system;
- Build and maintain solutions on the trading platform in accordance with requirements prioritised by product management;
- Ensure existing and new solutions are optimized and scalable to ensure on-going support requirements are minimised;
- Be or become highly knowledgeable in the relevant business domains;
- Work with product management and customers to ensure that business solutions are correctly designed and built
- Work with development, professional services, QA and support teams to ensure that business solutions are delivered to plan and customers are satisfied;
- Working with the Head of Support to continue to find ways to improve the level of customer service;
- Internal infrastructure administration - helping to administer the team's case management module used for tracking helpdesk tickets, application lifecycle management, and project management tasks, etc.; and
- Internal wiki, used for internal and customer-facing documentation.
Candidate Profile / Key Skills
- 3-4 years experience on a helpdesk or similar client-facing role;
- French or German speaking essential. (100% FLUENT ONLY)
- Service-oriented approach, good customer-facing telephone/email capabilities;
- Advanced knowledge of SQL (specific SQL Server experience is best);
- Good project management experience (Prince2)
- Basic understanding of networking including FTP/SFTP.
- Additional specific technical knowledge:
- Previous experience with JIRA/Confluence (as a user, good; as an administrator even better); and
- Basic Linux system administration skills, MySQL exposure.
- Some financial domain exposure in one or more areas such as:
- Financial messaging (SWIFT FIN, FIX) and financial post-trade service providers (Omgeo, SWIFT Accord); and
Post-trade processing for equities, equity derivatives and other instruments. Knowledge in reconciliations and/or transaction reporting and reconciliations.
- Regulation, MiFID / EMIR*
- £30,000- £45,000* + 5% Flexible allowance * +Flexible hours * +Nice office with excellent transport links - Liverpool St/Moorgate, London, City of London.
- * +25 days holidays
- * +Training allowance
- * +10% Bonus
- * Excellent benefits on offer
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.