Are you looking for part time working hours? As our clients’ first tier preferred supplier we have an immediate opportunity for an experienced Solicitor to work as part of a team within a large public sector organisation on a part time temporary basis to cover maternity leave.
In the role of Solicitor you will be:
- Advising Council departments and external clients on a range of law and procedure, in the areas of planning, property and highways law (contentious and non-contentious)
- Undertaking a range of work under the Town and County Planning and associated legislation and representing the Council in various tiers of the Courts and Tribunals – e.g. Planning Inquiries
- Advising the Council officers and others (e.g. external clients) on all aspects of the law and legal processes relating to the above areas of law
- Liaising with and where necessary advising other agencies, e.g. the Land Registry
- Attending Council Committees as appropriate to give legal and procedural advice
- Advising Council Officers and Councillors on the law
- As a contractual duty you are required to attend various meetings, training events etc. throughout the County area and further afield as requested and you must be able to travel in a timely manner to ensure the efficient performance of duties and use of officer time and the provision of an effective service
To be considered for the Solicitor Job you must have:
- A Qualification as a Solicitor
- Previous relevant or recent experience in a local government legal department or other
- Knowledge and experience of the law and procedures relating to the following areas of law: Town and Country Planning; Property; and Highways
- Competent IT skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, legal research resources
- Effective time management and prioritisation skills and ability to deliver to a deadline
- Ability to analyse problems and determine practical legal solutions and to apply the law so as to achieve the Council’s objectives
- Willingness to appear as an advocate in the County and Magistrates Courts and Tribunals and Planning Inquiries
- Full driving license and car available for work use
- Current DBS
This is a temporary part time (3-4 days per week) position with an ASAP start and is expected to last up to 12 months to cover maternity leave. The salary ranges from £25 to £40 per hour dept on relevant experience and qualifications and the vacancy is based in Conwy.
By submitting your details in application for this vacancy you consent to receiving further relevant job search related information from Supertemps which you can unsubscribe from at any time.