Software Test Specialist
6 days left
- Full Time
Software Test Specialist
£20,000 - £22,000
Our client based in Basingstoke who work closely with one of the most successful companies in the area is looking to recruit a Software Test Specialist on a permanent basis.
- Become an expert in the ECM software suite (Inventory Supply & Accounting (ISA), Business Intelligence etc), providing 1st and 2nd line technical support to external customers.
- Troubleshoot and resolve operational issues for end-users and assist with end user questions or general inquires.
- Manage the resolution of all escalations to contractual SLAs, recording the call history in a call tracking system, and producing customer and management information reports as required.
- Perform post-resolution follow-ups to help requests and regular customer satisfaction calls.
- Provide consultancy services as required (software installation / configuration, training, technical documentation, demonstrations etc).
- On-call support may be required during non-business hours (on a rotational basis)
Experience and knowledge of:
- Proven testing experience of business critical packages
- Good knowledge in software testing methodology and the system development lifecycle (Agile vs V model)
- Experienced in writing test cases and test strategies
- Experience of unit testing, integration testing, performance testing, functional testing and client acceptance testing
- Experience running and installing SQL Server and Oracle databases
- Experience in supporting a hosted solution.
- Experience running and installing applications on Microsoft operating systems
- Experience with virtualisation technology
- Experience in testing Web based applications
- Knowledge and experience in querying databases
- Software productivity tools
- ISEB qualifications in software testing preferable though can be trained
- Excellent written / oral English language skills need to be demonstrated; expected to develop and present ideas clearly in user-friendly language.
- Good knowledge of MS Word and Excel
- Ability to operate tools, components and peripheral accessories
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities, with keen attention to detail
- A well-organized self-motivated individual who takes initiative and has the ability to set and achieve realistic milestones.
- Driven by quality and customer satisfaction
- Should continuously strive to increase technical knowledge and explore new techniques for providing solutions.
1-1 Recruitment is one of the leading recruitment agencies for jobs in Basingstoke for permanent, temporary and contract recruitment solutions. Due to the high volume of applications we're receiving, if you do not hear from a consultant within 5 days, unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.