A regional D&B Main Contractor based in Hertfordshire is currently recruiting a Quantity Surveyor who can work in the A1(M) corridor with multi-discipline experience on a permanent basis. Contracts are approximately £5m in value and work across all sectors but recently undertaken many residential new builds and conversions.
Primary Areas of Accountability
• Review, assess and mitigate commercial and contractual risks of all projects
• Providing commercial and contractual advice where required
• Assist at pre-construction stages in the preparation of Bills of Quantities
• Production of CVR reports to include monthly profit and loss, forecasts and analysis
• Sub-contractor evaluation and procurement
• Site measurement of building works undertaken and signing off interim claims for payment
• Agreement of variations to contract
• Authorisation of sub-contractor final accounts and monitoring against forecasts
• Attending internal and external meetings
• Preparation and agreement of external Applications for Payment
• Agreement of Client variations
• Supervision and training and development of the team
• Attend internal and external meetings as and when required
• Produce and present commercial reports to the management team
• Ensuring business targets and objectives are met
• Cost control ensuring cash flow is maximised and payments are sent on time
• Carry out any other duties not listed which may be required
• Submission of monthly Profit and Loss reports
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities.
• Previous experience as a Quantity Surveyor is essential
• Experienced personally taking a similar project from inception to completion at values of £750,000 to £5m.
• Excellent working knowledge of construction techniques and processes
• Experience of various forms of standard building contracts
• Excellent communications skills both verbal and written
• Must be able to negotiate and make decisions with ease
• Good level of commercial awareness
• Vastly experienced on construction projects to include mixed-use, student accommodation, commercial, education and medical
• Driven with the ability to lead teams to achieve company objectives
• Driven and focused with strong communication skills
If you are looking for your next move, please contact Russell at i-texo recruitment.