7 days left
- Full Time
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Chef Manager to oversee the catering operations within a 40-bed private care home in Hove, near Brighton.Package description
Up to £23,500 per annum depending on experience
Excellent company benefits
20 days annual leave
40 hours a week working 5 out of 7 days
High-street and online retail discounts
Up to 55% off cinema ticketsMain responsibilities
As Chef Manager you will be responsible for overseeing the delivery of catering for the patients, serving up to 40 people a day across three services. All food is cooked from fresh using a company set menu and you will also have the opportunity to be involved in activities such as baking days with residents.
As Chef Manager you will oversee a small team, you will be responsible for client management, stock management, all financial aspects and Health and Safety of the operation.
You will have excellent people management skills, strong attention to detail and ideally have experience within a similar environment.Ideal candidate
- Chef Management Experience - preferably within healthcare
- Experience of special dietary requirements perferred
- Happy working front of house and with residents when needed.
- Standards and quality driven management style
- Sound knowledge of Hygiene, Health and Safety
- Motivated by a passion for quality and great service delivery
- Interpersonal, administrative and organisational skills
- A 'Can-do' attitude
- Financial and commercial acumen
- Computer literate
- Ability to deal with both internal and external customers
- Knowledge of texture-modifed foods
White Oaks, part of Compass Group UK and Ireland, is passionate about the business of retirement home and well-being, ensuring that retirement home residents are well fed, well cared for, valued and safe. We provide catering and in some sites housekeeping facilities to elderly residents.
As part of Compass Group, White Oaks offer the peace of mind, strategic partnerships, professionalism and security that comes from working within a large organisation.