Senior Finance Analyst
Senior Finance Analyst (London, UK)
£50,000 - 60,000 per annum
Stratford Reid are working with one of the UK’s fastest growing, forward thinking, and widely recognised online businesses as they look to further strengthen their UK operations team with the addition of an experienced Senior Finance Analyst, based out of their boutique West London office.
The organisation are investing heavily in a structure focused on the provision of reporting, creation and tracking of forecasts and budgets, and providing a planning framework within which the company will operate.
As Senior Finance Analyst you will work directly reporting into the Finance Director (who is also newly appointed during this growth phase). This is truly an exciting opportunity to join this outstanding business during their company-wide growth phase as they continue to grow from strength to strength having already emerged as one of the UK’s fastest growing businesses. You will get plenty of opportunity to broaden your financial planning and analysis leadership experience within a fast-paced business.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION** - YOU MUST HAVE AUDIT EXPERIENCE FROM A TIME WORKING IN PRACTICE, HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING FOR A BUSINESS OUTSIDE OF PRACTICE AND BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THE VALUE YOU HAVE ADDED WHILE IN YOUR PREVIOUS ROLES. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THIS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
Responsibilities as Senior Finance Analyst include:
- Managing delivery of regular reporting and planning processes across the Finance team including:
o Project manage regular reporting & forecasting processes including; all quarterly forecasts, annual budget, and monthly outturn/short term forecasting.
o Proactively identifying margin generative opportunities and process efficiencies.
o Management and communication of planning timetables both within Finance and the wider business.
o Facilitate changes to GL and CC structures within the consolidation models in conjunction with Financial Accounts.
o Overseeing balance sheet and cash flow forecasting, working closely with FD to identify future cash requirements and distillation of Capex forecasts.
o Ownership of all forecasting, consolidation and reporting tools including scoping out new systems and revisions to forecasting models.
- Be proactive throughout the month end period to provide reporting and insight with ultimate delivery of monthly financial reporting to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Challenge Commercial Finance and Operational teams on all aspects of the business, utilising tools and data available - identify and create the tools required where these do not already exist.
- Headcount forecasting & reporting, providing insightful reporting for decision making and recruitment sign-off.
- Finance Business Partner to Opex business leaders, responsible for the co-ordination, challenge and presentation of Financial projections and results. Business Partner in building business cases and presenting as part of the investment case review.
- Supporting in the delivery of Board and Investor reporting packs.
- Supporting ad hoc analysis required for the VC investors, and a key team member in supporting the modelling and data requirements for future funding and investment processes.
- Ability to take a flexible approach to responsibilities during a period of rapid growth and change in the team
- Assist in the delivery of ad hoc projects as instructed by CFO and Finance Director.
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA accountant with minimum 2 years PQE
- Strong analytical skills
- Experience of a high growth, dynamic, responsive environment
- Strong MS Excel skills, ability to analyse large volumes of data
- Finance systems literate
- A flexible individual who enjoys working in a changing environment
- Strong communications skills - both verbally and on paper. Ability to interact well with the senior management team.
- Become one of the early employees of a fast-growing, exciting start-up "challenging the norm" in their market.
- Have a real impact on the company's growth and evolution.
- Work with people who love what they do every day.
- Highly subsidised gym membership at one of the top local gyms in the area.
- Friday lunches from the client’s top London restaurant partners, including regular restaurant sample tastings!
- Competitive marketplace package
- Free Food