Our client is seeking a competent Project Manager to support their Service Operations Department in the delivery of new software deployment and related projects. You will be working alongside another project manager and assigned projects to manage end to end, liaising with various departments and external companies to deliver within agreed timescales and budgets ensuring client satisfaction all the way.
While this is a predominantly office based role, primarily in the Epsom area based office or occasionally from the London based office, you will also be expected to attend client meetings on or off site which may require occasional overnight stays.
- Daily management of software deployment projects.
- Daily management of ad hoc work requests (purchase orders and works orders).
- Resource scheduling, risk assessment, contingency planning and management of client expectations to successfully deliver projects on time and budget.
- Providing daily, weekly and monthly progress reports to key stakeholders in all projects (internally and externally).
- Providing daily, weekly and monthly progress reports (as necessary) to the Service Operations Director.
- Submitting monthly expense report to accounts.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure resource availability for projects you manage.
- Utilise Clarizen reports to update project information on a daily basis:
- Produce cost reports and estimates for CRM team or the MD.
- Leading new client engagement teams.
- Answering phones
- Meet & greet clients that attend the office for meetings or training.
- Documenting processes and procedures, creating/updating user manuals.
- Manage the booking in and out of pool cars for company staff.
- Qualification in Prince2 or other project management methodology is essential.
- Minimum 5 year’s project management practice.
- Experience working in a software house in software deployment is essential.
- Member of a relevant chartered body or project management association.
- Experience in the Clarizen project management system or similar.
- Educated to degree level.
- Industry knowledge is desirable.
- Commercial awareness.
- Analytical skills.
- Excellent skills in risk assessment and contingency planning.
- Confident liaising with clients at all levels.
- Excellent management and organisational skills.
- Motivated and able to prioritise work.
- Punctuality - it is imperative that the right candidate arrives on time to client meetings.
- Diplomatic and patient.
- Ability to organise and motivate a team and relay instructions to ensure successful project delivery.
- This is a client-facing role and the right candidate will be well-presented and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Impeccable standard of written and spoken English.