5 days left
- Full Time
Our client is looking for a Nursery Nurse that has least a level 3 qualification or above to join their expanding team based in St Albans Hertfordshire . If you have a keen interest in pursuing a career in a Nursery or early childhood setting and you have the right qualifications, then we want to hear from you.
Salary is negotiable and based on the candidate’s level of experience, and relevant qualifications.
Must be enthusiastic about progression and career development
- Nursery Nurse / Assistant To contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Nursery
- To provide the highest standards of quality care and education.
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be an ambassador for within the nursery and in the wider community.
- To be aware of the high profile of the Nursery and to uphold its standards always.
- Work alongside the Manager and staff team to ensure that the vision, strategy, and objectives behind the Nursery are fulfilled.
- To ensure that health and safety and security measures are constantly maintained.
- To ensure good standards of hygiene and safety standards appropriate for the needs of young children.
- To be aware of and act in accordance with current legislation, policy, and procedures.
- To contribute to a program of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep an excellent record of achievement within the Learning Journey’s on your key children, for parents.
- To develop your role within the team especially in your capacity as a key person
- Keep children files up to date including photographs
- Complete observations in line with the Nursery procedure and timings
- Specific child care tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child stage of development. - To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to all children.
- Providing conscientious and effective supervision of the children
- To interact and engage with the children
- To work in close partnership and to develop and maintain good relationships with parents / carers and other family members.
- Work alongside parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery
- Foresee the needs of Special Needs children and give physical, emotional, intellectual guidance as appropriate.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team with strong communication and excellent teamwork
- To be flexible within working practices of the Nursery.
- Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, putting out bins, doing the laundry, cleaning etc.
- Also, flexibility about working in different rooms as and when required ensuring effective operation of the nursery.
- To attend ALL out of working hours’ activities, e.g. training, staff meetings, parent’s evenings, events, etc.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- Job offer is conditional on references and DBS Hours:
Hours - 45 hours per week with a variety of shifts available.
Any applications that do not have the right qualifications or experience will not be considered for this position