P/T Stock Controller & Assistant Buyer - contract
We are currently recruiting for a part time Stock Controller and Assistant Buyer (with very good Excel) to join our client, a growing online fashion brand.
Due to the Head Buyer going on maternity leave, our client is looking for someone for an initial 7 month contract working 3 days per week to assist the team.
Although temporary, our client has recruited 3 new full time employees in 2016 and therefore there could be opportunities that come up in the near future.
Primarily you will be working alongside the head stock controller, however as the team is small you will also work with all other departments; sales and customer service, logistics, accounts.
- Utilising stock system to optimise stock position
- Replenishing stock levels
- Catalogue maintenance
- Placing orders
- Stock forecasting in advance of demand
- Assisting the sourcing of new product from existing suppliers
- Liaising with the Sales Department to understand demand
- Create the reports that the Buying Department submit to the team to decide what stock is purchased and then raising the orders to meet those demands
Skills and Experience
- A sound understanding of stock control / supply chain practices
- Excellent attention to detail
- In depth experience of Microsoft Excel- specifically working knowledge of vlookups
- Experience of working independently, managing own time and workload
- Experience of working in a target driven role and meeting deadlines under pressure
- Demonstrate strong analytical and numeracy skills
- Excellent IT literacy & skills.
- Be a lateral thinker with the initiative to investigate and solve issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - Good at building working relationships.
Three dogs, all friendly are often present within the office and are situated at the end of the office in the Directors area.
Please note that we will only contact those candidates that we assess as suitable for the positions we have currently available based on their experience, training and skills that they identify. If you do not hear from us within 5 working days from your registration, please accept our apologies but we are unable to help you on this occasion.
Bucks and Berks Recruitment is an equal opportunities employment agency and employment business that is serious about its compliance with legislation. Bucks and Berks is acting as an Employment Agency in relationship to this role (if the vacancy is for a permanent position) or is acting as a Recruitment Business in relationship to this role (if the role is for a temporary position).