Retail Development Executive
6 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Retail Development Executive (TV/AV)
Reports To: Retail Development Manager
Location: North East & South East London
Salary: £21,000 (company car, phone, laptop, bonus)
Days of Work: Monday - Friday
Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week
As a Retail Development Executive (RDE) you will be the eyes, ears and voice of the Samsung TVAV Field Force; taking complete ownership of the stores within your territory. As the primary Samsung contact within your territory you will be responsible for maintaining the strength of the brand and products in all your stores, developing strong relationships with Store Directors, Store Owners, Management and in store colleagues to drive incremental sales.
As line managers, you will work collaboratively with your team of In Store Development Executives (ISDEs), coaching and developing them through field accompaniments to drives sell out, taking a solutions focused approach to support them in overcoming challenges and maintaining regular communication to ensure they are empowered to deliver best in class standards. You’ll also work collaboratively with Staff Development to support the growth of each of your ISDEs, identifying their strengths and development areas.
Each store visit will follow Retail Quality Standard guidelines and will be an example of a Best in Class store visit. Your main focus is to drive store performance by conducting store meetings reviewing sales data and agreeing development plans. You will complete accurate, time-bound SMART reporting on a daily and weekly basis, including, but not limited to; display compliance and store management profiles, reporting on our client’s instore presence, competitor presence and any opportunities identified in the field. You will mentor the ISDE’s development in conducting store performance meetings.
Main Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Own the stores within your territory, completing dashboard meetings with store management on a weekly basis.
- Manage your territory and your time, working within the parameters of your call file and store grading’s, in the most efficient manner striving for 100% call file completion
- Develop strong in store relationships with Store Directors, Store Owners, management and in store colleagues, professionally representing the Samsung brand at all times.
- Be the first point of contact for your ISDEs, escalating their queries as appropriate and in a timely manner.
- Support with the induction and on boarding of your ISDEs.
- Monitor sales performance against target, ensuring your team are appropriately briefed on their target and take appropriate steps in store to ensure they are delivering over and above this.
- Monitor your ISDEs KPIs regularly throughout each quarter, highlighting areas of concern with respective team members; working with your RDM, ROM and Staff Development to define improvement plans where appropriate.
- Continuously develop your ISDEs, working collaboratively with Staff Development to complete field accompaniments and set SMART objectives.
- Review and utilise appropriate sales data to drive sales within your stores, identifying areas of opportunity and compiling and making smart recommendations.
- Retain and build market share for Samsung products across the territory, completing knowledge cascade with working with store colleagues to increase this, working collaboratively with your ISDEs to support you in this regard where appropriate.
- Communicate key messages to all in store colleagues, through knowledge cascade, structured training and brand awareness ensuring a high level of knowledge across the team on all Samsung products.
- Establish training needs within each store and act as conduit between store management and our Training Team to arrange formal training sessions.
- Lead effective communication of all business information to the ISDEs through weekly out of hours conference calls.
- Support in store colleagues with customers as requested
- Ensure store displays are compliant in every store visit and adherence to Retail Quality Standards, escalating any compliance issues via the agreed reporting mechanisms.
- Execute POS placement and promotional installations as required
- Support any additional activity outside of your territory, e.g. road shows, VIP visits or supporting another territory, at the specific request of your line manager
- Support promotional activity and store events - in agreement with your line manager this may include some evening and weekend activity
SMART Reporting & insight is integral to the success of our business. As an RDE you’ll be required to complete all required reporting by the required deadline each day. Reporting would typically include:
- A complete real-time record of each visit in store to include display compliance, competitor and market share information
- Business-focussed observational reporting
- Provide the business insight into performance both barriers and wins.
- Complete and maintain store record logs in each store visit
- Ensure training records are updated, following each brand awareness and training session
- Exceptional promotion/ad-hoc reports
- Provide accurate monthly visit forecasts and retrospective visit reconciliation within the time frames given
- Maintain strict mileage records, with receipts, monthly within the required timeframes
- Submit monthly expenses (with receipts) and VCR monthly within the required timeframes