Accounts Assistant Cashbook and Sales Ledger
Wilmington plc is a dynamic and expanding company with a common aim - turning knowledge into advantage. We provide information and training to professional business markets within the Risk & Compliance, Finance, Legal and Insight sectors.
Main Purpose of Role:
We are now looking for an Accounts Assistant to be part of the Cashbook and Sales Ledger team primarily responsible for prompt and efficient postings of all debtor payments and other cashbook payments and receipts across all ledgers. You will be responsible for supporting the daily accounts receivable process. Supporting the Cashbook/Sales Ledger supervisor on a day to day basis, you will be responsible for assigned aspects of the daily processes, including accurate and timely application of receipts to Sun and also supporting the wider team to ensure an efficient service is provided.
Key Duties &Responsibilities:
- Prompt identification of all receipts and payments from bank statements and posting to debtor/creditor and other nominal ledger accounts as appropriate on a daily basis, including ledge management and house-keeping of sundry balances.
- Preparation, processing and posting of payments
- Perform weekly bank reconciliations
- Other monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Administration, reconciliation and posting of petty cash transactions
- Processing and posting of cheques to debtor, creditor and other nominal ledger accounts as required
- Processing and posting of credit card transactions and direct debit set up and management as and when required
- Liaise and assist with queries with Company Divisions and credit control
- Investigate and reconcile customer accounts asand when required
- Process invoices and credit notes onto the debtors ledgers, including Upload and VAT Reconciliation
- Set up of new client accounts in SUN
- To work on all elements of development requirements as and when operationally established.
- Other ad hoc duties as required
Skills and Experience Required:
- To be able to process large amounts of data quickly and accurately
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, superb attention to detail and the ability to work on your own initiative
- 1 -2 years` experience in cashbook and sales ledger function
- Knowledge of SUN systems is desirable
- Basic excel
- Ability to multitask and prioritise busy workload
- Ability to apply oneself to achieving deadlines and targets
- Be proactive in the duties of the role
- Ability to work within a team to ensure teams common goals and targets are achieved and deadlines are met
- To always present and maintain a professional approach
- Ensure all written communications formal and informal are grammatically, contractually and legally correct at all times