Undergraduate placement - Marketing - Corporate Communications
The main purpose of the Marketing department is to communicate, deliver and produce products and services to customers, clients and the public.
Our Marketing department comprises of different areas, amongst those is our PR function which manages the Society’s reputation, profile, brand, and communications via media relations and internal communications.
You will be responsible for supporting our Internal and External Communications Leads deliver high impact, engaging digital communications in support of our strategic business objectives, our Purpose and our Community focus. You’ll report into our Internal Communications Lead.
The application process involves two stages:
- Application form, CV and cover letter via our online portal
- Assessment Centre, including a competency based interview and an activity specific to the business area that you have applied for
Skills and Experience
You will need to have successfully completed the second year of your studies and intend to return to University to complete your final year at the end of your placement. We are interested in all specialisms however you should have a desire to work in business and financial services.
Is that it?
Not quite. It’s important that you’re team orientated, ambitious to learn, innovative and believe in doing things the right way.
You should also have strong communication, organisational and planning skills whilst maintaining a professional manner when dealing with problems.
To get the most out of your time with us we’d like you to be proactive in your own development - learning as much about the Society and the environment in which we operate as you can.
We want to hear your ideas, so be ready to have an opinion and speak up. You will showcase your talent and thinking, with the support of your line manager.
What are the rewards and benefits?
Whilst on placement you will receive:
- A starting salary of £15,925 per annum
- 25 days holiday plus bank holidays, with the option to buy more holidays
- Inclusion in our corporate bonus scheme
- Access to online and classroom based training
- Free gym access
- Great transport links with discounted travel
- Access to our staff association for discounted tickets, trips and events
- Staff offers including discounts for local restaurants, hotels and beauty services
- Life assurance from day one
- Employee Assistance Programme for advice and support on any personal issues