6 days left
- Full Time
Do you believe the world deservesexcellence?
As the leading global business standards company BSI helps over 70,000 clients worldwide to improve their businesses. From business continuity to recycling waste, from medical devices to the exploration of space, we help businesses embed the habits of excellence so that they perform better, manage their risks more effectively and achieve sustainable growth and in doing so we touch the lives of many across the globe.
As the leading business standards company, at BSI we work with organizations to help shape standards of excellence worldwide. We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our Publishing department in West London, working as a Content Editor within the Content Solutions team.
About the Role:
This role offers real diversity and variety, where you will be providing quality editorial service (copyediting, proofreading, content analysis) on standards and non-standards content for a range of digitally powered products/outputs. Your primary outputs will be the delivery of standards, white papers, expert commentary and other value-add content.
The Content Editors will work with XML Content Developers, Production and other teams within Content Solutions so strong editing and communication skills are at the heart of this role. This position is perfect for an editor ready to take the next steps in their career.
- To be successful in this role you’ll have strong editorial and publishing skills preferably gained in an STM environment, a thorough knowledge of drafting and editing rules and some experience of or a desire to work with XML.
- You will also need excellent communication skills both written and verbal, along with first class editing skills.
- You will be able to demonstrable knowledge and experience of XML and have solid experience of content preparation, preferably Scientific, Technical, Medical (STM) content.
- Experience working with online content workflow tools [to support the delivery of content] is essential.
- Proven ability to engage successfully with cross-functional stakeholders, ability to build trust-based relationships and an analytical thinker.
- Use of Oxygen XML Editor or similar at ideallydegree level or equivalent body of content publishing experience.
What we offer
We offer a highly competitive starting salary, 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style. Plus, as we’re situated just above Gunnersbury Tube station it makes for a really easy commute, or you can use the free on-site parking if you’d prefer to drive.